Epilogue - By The Sea And The Land

That night, I’m dreaming.

      I’m in the middle of the sea. Or more precisely, I’m standing on the surface of it. The moon is bright, and the stars is filling the night sky, no clouds hovering in the skies to hindering the lights, a truly magnificent scenery.

      And I’m not alone. A gentlemen is dancing with me. I don’t know if I know him or not since a dark mist is hiding his face, but there’s this familiar feeling I got when we held our hands together and moving with the sounds of the waves as the music, and he also sang a song that I don’t know the meaning. But he sung it beautifully, his voice is deep and husky, yet sweet at the same time. But somehow, I think that its suited him perfectly.

      I don’t know why, but I felt so happy. Happy and sad at the same time, because I know, when I’m awake, this man will also gone. To the sea. Although I’m not sure a how I know it.

      We keep dancing, and he keep singing in that beautiful voice of his. Until the sky turn brighter and brighter. And he stopped his singing.

      I know that this is the time, and I feel sad for him—for the both of us. I know that I won’t be seeing him again, or hear that beautiful voice of his again. But I do want to know, what is his name, and he seemed to know my intention before I even able to ask him.

      “My name is Lys. Son of the ruler of the sea, the King of the mer-people that live deep in the sea, and I am in love with you, Prince Kevin.” The mist disappear a little and I can see that he’s smiling when he said that.

      “But my time is up. I have to go. Live a prosper and happy life, my Prince, May the Gods protect you and your family. And one day, I hope, I truly hope that I can see you again, in a different world where I can love you and be together with you for eternity.” The mist disappeared completely now, as the sun getting more visible over the horizon, and his body turned more transparent.

      I felt my tears falling down from my eyes, as I see a pair of the beautiful bright blue eyes, just like the sky, that full of love and longing feelings, just like the first time I saw it.

      I’m just too stupid to recognize that feelings he showed me many, many times before. But even if I realize it now, it’s already too late.

      He smiled, and wiping away the tears from my face and told me not to cry, since he didn’t want to leave me behind while I’m sad, and so, for his sake, I smiled.

      Smiling for him.

      And he asked if he can kiss me, and I told him he can. And we kissed. It taste sweet, yet bitter at the same time.

      We kissed for a while, until his body disappeared slowly, and he said that he loves me once again, and kissed my forehead. I told him that I also love him, with my hands and mouthed the words, and he smiled and kiss my lips one more time, before he disappeared completely, together with the sun light.

      I’m awoke as the sun comes up, the light shone beautifully through the windows glass. Regina still sleeping beside me, her face seems so childlike and beautiful. But not as beautiful as a certain someone that won’t be here to dancing with me anymore.

      And my tears coming down again. But I’m not feeling sad, because I know, one day, I will meet him again.

      “One day.”

Epilogue – By The Sea And The Land

The End