Chapter Fourteen - The Marriage And A Goodbye

Everythings happens in a blur. I don’t see Sven much, only able to squeezing some time for a small talk since I’ve been dragged there and here by Regina, measuring my size, picking the clothes for our wedding, choosing the decorations and whatnot.

      One week full of chaos and exhaustion has passed, our wedding day has come, and I’m sitting on my bed, a servant fixing my white clothes and the other brushing my hair neatly. I told them I can do it myself, but mother that send them to me insisted for them to do it before she leave to see Regina. I rolled my eyes and giving in. Just for today.

      After they’re done, Kennet, my groomsman, come to pick me to the aisle, and I suddenly becoming nervous. After all, I’m going to be married to a woman that accept me as I am. Although I’m still learning to love her.

      The hall already full of people, some I know, but a lot more that I didn’t. I saw my parents, standing in front with the priest, along with Regina parents that arrived two days ago after Regina send them the message of our wedding.

      They smiled at me, and I smiled back gesturing “hello”, that Kennet translate as such. They asked me if I’m nervous, and I’m awkwardly nodded, and they smiled sympathetically. They told me that it’s normal, and the nervousness will be gone when I finally kissing my bride after we said our vow to become a wife and husband. I nodded again, and noticed Sven sitting on the far corner with Hagen. I waved at them, and they waved back, though Sven doing it rather weakly. Worried if he’s sick again, I raised my hand and asking him if he’s okay. He just laughed and answered that he’s fine.

      I’m not that sure and about to ask him again, but the guards informing us that the bride has arrived. My mother tug me to standing up properly, Regina father hurriedly walking to the door, and everyone in the room standing up.

      The door opened slowly, and there stand Regina, with her beautiful white wedding dress, smiling softly beneath her white transparent veil, one hand carrying a bundle of white lily, her dress tail is lifted by the bridesmaids. She take her father arms, and he smiled softly at her.

      They walking down the aisle, arm in arm, and stopped in front of me. Her father taking her hand and place it with mine, clenching it and then letting go, before walking beside her wife.

      Regina looking up to me, I saw her cheeks redder beneath her veil, and I gripping her hands firmly.

      The pastor starting his speech and asking for Regina vow, and she said she do, vocal and with her hands that parted with mine when she answered. He then asking me, which I answered with my hands and I mouthed, “I do”, to Regina. She smiled, and the pastor told us to put our ring to each other and after we done, he told us that we are finally a husband and wife, and we can kiss.

      I lifted her veil, and looking at her, both of us smiled, and I kiss her softly, hearing the crowds cheers behind us.

      A ball is held in the afternoon, which we attend after we changing our clothes. Everyone congratulate us, our parents, Kennet, other people’s, and then I saw Hagen and Sven, Hagen in the brink of tears, and smiling widely. I laughed and hugging him. Sven smiled at me, hand gesturing “congratulations”, although I saw a sadness on his eyes.

      I asked him what happened, and he just shaking his head. Regina also feeling worried because she know I’m rather close with Sven. His smile turning to a sad one, and he told us that he had to go back to where he come tomorrow. He remembered his home, and want to go back, early in the morning tomorrow. This is will be the last time I will ever saw him.

      I’m shocked with his statement, and my mood turned gloom, but I understand that he must really missed his family, and told him to be careful on his way home and told him to keeping contact with me after he’s home.

      He nodded, and Regina asked him if there’s something we can do for him before he go, seeing that I’m sad my friends will leave after our wedding day.

      He looked at me, and then at her, a faint smile on his face, asking if it’s okay to borrow me for a last dance before he go. Regina smiled, bringing my hand to Sven's, before walking back.

      I looked at his eyes, a pair of beautiful light blue eyes, bright and pure, the same eyes I saw three weeks ago, after he’s waking up from his sickness.

      He smiled his usual smile, and tugging my hand to the middle of the dance floor, starting to dance with the rhythm of the cheerful music, and I smiled at him and dance with his lead, both laughing. I saw Regina and Hagen smiled with amusement, and some other looked with confusion, some with awe and cheering for our dance. The few other starting to dancing with us, moving around with their partners, having fun.

      We dances and I somehow getting together with Regina, dancing with a soft music, and after it ended, I’m saying goodbye to Sven one last time, hugging him and I think I’m starling him a little, and he hug me back before we reluctantly letting go. He gesturing “goodbye” with a sad smile, and I do the same gesture back.

      Regina waiting for me at the door, and I’m walking to her. She’s waving at Sven, and he waves back before he’s turning around and I saw his smile turned down, sad. Regina saw it too, and patting my hand reassuringly, told me that this is for the best, and I smiled a sad smile at her.

      We excuse ourself, going to our new room, both of us feeling exhausted, changing clothes and laying on the bed.

      We stared at each other for a while, her head in my chest, and my arms on her waist, before both of us falling asleep, and my last thought is about the departure of Sven.

      My precious friend.