Chapter Eleven - An Interesting Guest

A week have passed from the time when I’m saved from the shipwreck. I’m waking up when the skies still dark, the stars still visible in the darker part of the skies, sun just starting to showed itself to the world, light brighter for every second passed, when I’ve reached the beach where the nun saved me before.

      I’m able to meet the nun when I’m taking a walk in the beach yesterday evening because I have nothing better to do. I asked her if she knew the nun that saved me before, with the sands. She answered with a nod and its turn out she is the one who saved me.

      I said my thanks, asking if there’s something I could do to repay her kindness, and she shakes her head and smiled, saying that it was unnecessary because its what a sisters supposed to do. Helping people, with the movement of her hand—surprising me a little.

      We walked in the beach and having a small conversation. She seemed like a nice women, telling me her reason to became a nun is because her parents want her to learn how to became a proper lady, and being a nun is something that will keep her purity until the time of her marriage, they said. We talked a little more, me being a Prince doesn’t seemed to bother her a tiny bit.

      When the skies getting darker, I escorted her to the church where she’s undergoing her training not far from the beach, and I walked back to the palace, having dinner and my mother’s nightly nagging, and goes to sleep. Or tried to.

      Tossing and turning in my soft bed, trying to finding the better position to get comfortable and be able to sleep. Counting sheep’s doesn’t worked, neither the warm milk I drink every nights or the boring books I read. Usually, I’ll be changing position on the bed for a few hours before I’m tired and finally drifted to a dreamless sleep and waking up before the sun have the chance to rise, where I begin to taking a walk in the beach without any guards with me. Not like that its unusual.

      Today too, is the same. I’m just walking mindlessly, feeling the sands on my feet, barefoot. The air still feels chilly on my thinned clothed body, but its give me a pleasant feeling, somehow. She the sun finally begin to showed it self from the mountain in the east, and I watched it with a small smile on my lips. Appreciating the natures beauty.

      It doesn’t last long though, because I heard some sort of wailing and pained sounds from the middle of the beach where a few big rock resides, exactly where I’ve been found unconscious before.

      I’ve immediately running to it, thinking that it was some injured animal, maybe a baby whale or the like. My imagination shattered when I saw a man curling on the sands between the rocks, almost passing out from his pain. Somehow he’s sparking with the lights that reflecting from the things I assume was fractions of glass, until I’ve come closer and realize that it was scales. Hundreds of beautiful light blue scales surround him, reflecting the light of the sun with a colorful patterns, something that I’ve never seen before.

      But they are not important right now. The golden haired man that getting wet from the seawater looked so miserable. He wear a simple white clothes and pants that sticking on his body from the water and sweat. There’s no smell of alcohol coming from him, so he’s not drunk. He makes a weird sounds that I heard before, making me more worried. The man complexion is so pale. His body shaking so badly from his pain. I tried to raise his body, but he doesn’t seems to be able to move with this condition.

      I put one of his arm in my shoulders, using my hands to grip his arms and using the other to balance his body and trying to picking him up, although I’m tripped and falling down with him because he’s heavier than I though. His eyes almost fluttered shut when I reached him before, but when I tried to make him stand for the second time, he seemed to focusing his light blue irises eyes to me. He opened his mouth, trying to talk, but no voice coming out, and he mouthed something that I read as a name before he falling unconscious completely.