Resting In Secret 2

Chapter Two

I awoke to a rough bounce, and being slammed into a soft, firm body. I groaned in discomfort as I was slammed back into the saddle.

“You’re finally awake.” Damien sighed.

“It wasn’t a dream?” I asked. Last night was long behind us, the fact given away by the sun. I was secretly wishing that the events that happened the night before were nothing more than some horrible dream—even if it meant Damien telling me he loved me wasn’t real either. It seemed like a very cliché thing; wishing for something bad to be a dream was something I’d read about in countless books before my father sold me. I’d never told Damien I liked to read for fear that he would see me as a problem, and use me for nothing more than a sex slave as punishment. I didn’t want to be seen as a rebel who “needed to be taught how to be a proper woman” as I’d heard so many buyers say.

It seemed that Damien knew I liked to read anyway, as he would give me books every so often as a random act of kindness. One day I realized he would also give them to me after he thought I’d needed something to keep my spirits up. After I’d told him my suspicion he found every reason to give me books: after we’d had unplanned sex as a gift for putting up with him being horny (which made me feel like a worthless harlot, but I’d never told him that), whenever he wanted to talk about a certain book and wanted me to know what he was talking about, after I would serve at the dinners his family held for lycans of high ranks, whenever I was the one to clean his room. If he could find a reason to give me a book, he would.

“Damien, will I be allowed to read when we get to this secret place you won’t tell me about?” I asked, my mind clinging to the horrible idea that I wouldn’t be able to.

“I told one of those girls you worked with to bring your books. She was tall, creamed colored skin, blonde hair, green eyes—”

“And acted like a stuck up bitch who thought she was the sexiest human to ever have walked these lands?” I finished for him.

“Yeah. She asked me if there was anything else I needed taken care of and actually pulled her shirt down lower so I could see even more of her breasts. I think she actually made her skirt shorter too. If she’s still alive for it then she must be one of my father’s favorite slaves.”

I scoffed. “Lena isn’t one of your father’s favorites. She’s just easy to look at. I’ve actually heard her crying over the fact that you won’t have sex with her, and the only attention your father gives her is to make her strip and do her chores naked. Speaking of, why have I never served your father?”

He didn’t answer, instead letting me bounce up and down with him, and controlling the horse with one hand on the reigns so that he could hold me to him with his free arm.

I was still facing him and I guessed that he’d done this purposely. I laid my head against his chest and reveled in the warmth it let spread to me.

It was hours before another word was spoken between us, the time again was given away by the position of the sun.

“You’ve never served him because I told him that I’d had sex with you the first night I got you, to break you in, and that you weren’t good. I also told him that your body is scarred and twisted.” He said suddenly as the sun set. “I lied to him because I wanted you to myself. I was being selfish, and I didn’t want him to touch you. I hated imagining him looking you over like a piece of meat, stripping of your clothes, and ravaging your body. I couldn’t even think of what he would make you do to him and to yourself.”

I looked up at him to see him staring straight ahead.

“Where are you taking me?”

He sighed “Do you remember the last dinner you served at? Do you remember the man I introduced you to? I called him dad, even though he clearly isn’t my father.”