Resting In Secret 7

Chapter Seven

“Damien who is she?” I asked after a moment of stunned silence.

“My sister,” he answered dryly.

“Oh you know you love me Damien. I just wanted to meet your mate! I didn’t know you’d be in here trying to get her to have sex with you.” The blonde skipped over to the bed and plopped down at the foot of it. She held out her hand for me to shake. “Hi, I’m Arden. I hope my big brother hasn’t been too annoying.”

I took her hand and shook it twice before withdrawing it again. I leaned back into Damien who wrapped and arm around me while propping himself up on his other elbow.

“See? Do you see what you do? You’ve scared her. Leave you demon spawn.” Damien ordered sourly. He drew the blanket tighter around me as he glared at the girl.

“Shut up Damien!” she responded, clearly annoyed by her brother.

“Wait, Vladimir called you my mate, and then she just called me yours. So the mating thing really is true?” I looked up at Damien.

“Yeah. You can’t feel it?” Arden sounded shocked.

I shook my head the same time Damien said, “No.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked curiously.

“I could feel it from out there. Around you two is an aura of sorts I guess. People around you can feel that the two of you are mated—or almost mated. Damien always was a little bitch when it came to taking control.” Arden snickered at him. “But you can just feel the protectiveness Damien feels for you and the love you both share.”

“Hold on! Wait, wait, wait!” Damien said loudly as soon as she was finished talking. “I’ve never been a little bitch when it comes to taking control. You’re just my little sister; I didn’t want to hurt you. Alice can tell you I’m not a little bitch when it comes to taking control. Right, Alice?”

I flushed brightly when I saw Maximus come into the room with a smirk on his face.

“Yeah,” he started, “I mean you should have seen the bruises he left on her wrists after he finally untied her. How tightly did you have to tie her up for her not to run away from you Damien?”

“I didn’t mean to make it that tight and it wasn’t because she was trying to run—”

“Damien! For Hades sake! Don’t humor him with more details about our sex life!” I yelled at him.

“Ew! Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew!” Arden exclaimed loudly. “Oh Hell and High Water no! For fuck sake! Don’t tell me anything about your sex life!”

The tall girl jumped up from the bed with her hands covering her ears and ran from the room.

“Who is she?” Maximus asked staring after her, awestruck.

“She’s off limits Max! That’s my baby sister!” Damien growled. Even if he didn’t want to admit it, Damien still cared about his sister.

“Oh, uh,” Maximus shook his head, “of course.”

“What did you come in here for?” I asked softly, bringing his attention back to us.

“Callon wants you to go to sleep. Something about fewer chances for you and Damien to have sex, or something. I stopped listening pretty quickly.” He shrugged. “I’m just going to go now. I missed dinner completely because I had some work to do. I’m going to go get something to eat.”

“He’s going to go after her isn’t he?” Damien asked when Maximus shut the door.

“Yep.” I smiled. Damien had the same look on his face the first time he saw me. Or the first time I remember seeing him.