Resting In Secret 9

Chapter Nine

“H-how?” Damien repeated over and over as I sat on one of the white beds in front of Will.

“Well you had unprotected sex, Damien. That’s how.” Will answered him sarcastically.

“I can’t believe he got my little girl pregnant! I’m going to kill him!” We heard Callon seconds before the doors burst open. “Where is—”

Callon stomped over to Damien, who was still in shock, and punched him square in the mouth.

“Dad! Stop! Don’t hit him!” I yelled jumping up from the bed only to be restrained by a man from my guard.

“You need to remain sitting. If you stress yourself out too much you’ll miscarriage.” The man said, pushing me back down.

“What the hell were you thinking?” Callon continued to yell at Damien.

“She’s pregnant.” Damien looked up at Callon. “I got Alice pregnant.”

“Yes, we know.” Callon punched him again.

“Dad, stop!”

“Are you okay Alice?” Callon appeared beside me, worry evident in his eyes.

“I’m fine! Just stop hitting Damien!”

“I got Alice pregnant.” Damien whispered again, more to himself this time. I stood up, shaking off the man’s restraining arms, and walked over to Damien, sitting on his lap and hugging him.

“Yes you did.” I whispered to him. That seemed to bring him back to his senses.

“You're pregnant with my baby.” He smiled at me and kissed me, tears brimming his eyes.

“I’m pregnant with our baby.” I corrected him, wiping away a happy tear and it fell down his cheek.

“I hate to break up the love fest here, but I don't think it should be forgotten that Alice is still in a considerable amount of danger.” The man from my guard spoke up.

“She’s being moved tonight.” Damien stated.

“Don’t you think that’s for me to decide?” Callon snapped at him.

“When she’s pregnant with your baby, then yes, yes it is.” Damien smiled sweetly at him.

“I thought being pregnant was supposed to be a joyous thing.” I groaned.

“Stop it you two! Alice is pregnant. If either of you want both her and this baby to survive you’ll stop fighting. She's started changing again. If she miscarries it could kill her along with the baby.” Will said calmly.

“She’s being moved tonight. End of story.” With that Damien picked me up and carried me back to our room.

He left as soon as he put me on the bed, locking the door behind him on his way out. He returned minutes later holding a tray with a cover on it.

“I’m sorry,” I said when he sat the tray down and uncovered it to reveal several plates of food.

“What are you sorry for?” Melancholy entered his eyes.

He must be remembering the first… or second time he met me.

“I didn’t realize that my being pregnant would bring so much fighting between you and Callon.”

“It’s not your fault. He’s just being a good father. He’s concerned about you. I hope I can be half as good a father to our child as he’s been to you.” He took my face in his hands and kissed my lips softly.