Old Friend

Scott stood up, breathing in the scent of the forest, their forest. It had been quiet for sometime after they'd fought another pack, who had been after their territory.

Scott smiled, it was peaceful and that's more than he could have asked for.

His pack was with him, scouting the ends of their territory, making sure no lone wolves or other supernaturals tried to get in without their permission.

Liam was with him, also relaxed.

Scott had felt a hole in his heart once Kira had left to train with the skin walkers, and then even more so once Stiles had vanished.

Stiles had gone to college, surprisingly picking one that was a long way from Beacon Hills.

But from then on there had been no contact, no nothing.

Scott had even gone to the college to find Stiles, but Stiles had avoided him, then when college finished, Scott had gone to his graduation, only to be told Stiles had left early.

Scott managed to find out from others at Stiles's college that he had been offered a job and had taken it, however no one seemed to know what the job was or where Stiles truthfully had actually gone.

Everyone Stiles had known in college had been given conflicting stories about where he'd left.

It seemed Stiles had gotten very good at keeping secrets.

However, Scott found out that Stiles must have left in a hurry, as he seemed to have left some things behind. One of those things was a couple of drawings and letters, drawn and written for someone called Mary.

They had been thrown in a bin and one letter had been ripped apart, others screwed up and crumpled.

Scott was then shocked to find out that none of Stiles college friends knew who that was at all. A mysterious girl that no one had seen him with, but they all said that Stiles had been known to disappear randomly and not come back for a couple of days. They had thought he'd been going home to visit.

"No" Scott had said, his heart aching a little, "No he wasn't"

His pack had managed to feel in the hole left by Kira and Stiles, especially his two newer pack members-

AGH!

There was a growl and a yelp in the distance. Scott and Liam tensed, they knew who that had been and that they were in pain.

They rushed towards the sound.

Scott then slowed.

"What's wrong!?" Liam demanded.

Scott shook his head, it couldn't be, that scent?

Then suddenly Liam was flying backwards, and he yelled out in pain, a piece of a large wooden arrow had been shoved into his shoulder, pinning him to one of the trees.

"Liam!" Scott shouted.

But before he could move towards him, something hit him hard on his legs, sweeping him. Not balanced at all, Scott fell forwards, he caught himself on his hands, but before he could get up, he stiffened, eyes widening as he looked into the barrel of a gun.

"Pathetic"

A slightly familiar voice sneered.

That voice.

It was ringing alarms in Scott's head, he couldn't see who the person was with the gun in front of his face.

Scott's heart thudded rapidly at the danger he was in, his scrambled brain still trying to come up with where he'd heard that voice before.

"I thought you would have all improved, guess I was wrong. McCall, how are you? It's been a while..."

The gun slowly pulled away from his face, but still close enough to get a perfect shot to Scott's head if he moved a muscle.

Scott growled at the young man, his eyes flashing red.

"Who are you!?" He spat.

Mitch kneeled down next to Scott, not threatened at all by the alpha werewolf, who was still lying on the ground but in a more comfortable position.

"Now, now, that's no way to talk to an old friend, is it?"