Death Is Calling Banshee

Finally, there was a lull in their conversation and Lydia turned to Jackson

"Would you be a dear and fetch my bags?" She asked him.

He hesitated, glancing between Mitch and Lydia, then seemed to think better about it and nodded, leaving, knowing they wanted privacy.

Mitch raised his eyebrows, impressed. The Jackson he'd known would have not stood with leaving him alone with Lydia, especially knowing the huge crush he used to have on her when he was younger.

"His changed" Mitch said, making his approval known.

Lydia smiled proudly at that, but then she frowned, her eyes staring into him, like she could see his very soul or searching for it...

"So have you" She murmured.

She studied him, up and down then moving closer to him, she said softly but also confused "You know...Scott didn't actually tell me you were here".

Mitch frowned, confused, but his gut seemed to twinge nervously.

"I sensed you. I could sense you. I woke up this morning and I felt like...screaming, then I suddenly knew where you were" She told him.

Mitch had paled dramatically at what she was saying, his posture and expression were still curious but confused as far as she could tell.

Lydia looked down as she said, "I feel more connected to you than ever. It's strange, like there is this pull towards you. But despite that..."

She looked at him in the eyes as she continued, "But despite that, standing here, I can't tell what you're thinking. I used to be able to read you like a book. I can read most people, but with you, it feels like I'm looking at a blank slate. Why...why is that Stiles? You...know, don't you?"

Mitch felt like his heart had plummeted, he did have an idea why he was affecting Lydia like this...and it wasn't good.

Suddenly, Lydia stiffened, her eyes widening.

"What is it?" Mitch asked quickly.

"I can hear something" She muttered, she moved closer to him, "It's coming from you"

"Lydia..."

Her hand came up towards his face.

"It's getting louder"

"Lydia"

"There's someone, begging?"

Her hand hovered around his chin, almost cupping his face.

She seemed to break from her trance for a second, to her shock, Stiles looked almost terrified. She noticed he'd backed up so much he was against the wall of his apartment, and she was in his personal space.

"Lydia, please" He pleaded.

His hands wrapped around her wrists, not too tightly, but enough to get her to focus on him and not the voices.

She could hear a number of voices begging...

"You don't want to know" Mitch said, his voice thick with tension, but he was also pleading.

He could have moved her, forced her not to, but this was Lydia, he just...couldn't.

Lydia shook her head, she couldn't get rid of the voices, they became louder the closer her hand had got to his face.

"I'm sorry" Lydia said, knowing she was going against his wishes, but she had to know!

Lydia touched his cheek, their skin warms to the touch.

But then she could hear.

Please! I'll tell you anything!

What do I get?

Have Mercy! I-

I can pay you! Much better than-

Who are you?

No!

Help me!

I know more!

I'm still useful to you! To the CIA!

I swear to you that wasn't me-

Please-!

Some voices were cut off by a sickening thud or crack of bones. Most were silenced by the very familiar sound of a deadly gun, while some just were stopped by silence. There were muffled sounds of cries of pain as well, agonizing pain. These...

These were all different people, their last words.

Their last words to Stiles.

Lydia's eyes snapped open that realization she hadn't realized she'd closed them. Stiles eyes were still closed, his cheek was now wet.

But she knew he wasn't crying for them.

Lydia jumped back as if she'd electrocuted, breathing fast in shock but also in fear...

Stiles eyes were full of pain when he looked at her, but not for them, for her.

"Lydia-" Mitch said softly, stepping forwards and raising his hands to show her he meant no harm.

"Stay back! Stay back or I'll scream!" Lydia shouted, breathing fast.

They both knew that it was a threat, her screams could cause a lot of damage.

Their deaths still going through her mind.

Mitch felt like someone had stuck a dagger into his chest. She was frightened of him.

But to be honest, he didn't blame her.

"Lydia, you have to understand-" Mitch started to say, making sure he sounded calm.

"I don't have to understand anything! You killed them, you killed them Stiles" Lydia hissed, she looked like she was almost crying.

Mitch took a couple step towards her as he said taking a deep breath "Look, the pack can't know okay?! It'll put them in danger, I-"

It was too close for her and Lydia shot him a look of fear and anger as she cried out "Get away!"

She grasped his coat stand and then through it at him. Mitch dodged easily, but when he turned back towards her, she was gone. The door slamming behind her.

Mitch growled angrily, he kicked the coat stand, cursing.