Snip, Snip

He looked into her eyes...

They're familiar.

"Fine" He mutters, his finger on the trigger.

Yet he doesn't pull it.

She studies his expression.

His jaw is clenched tightly, locked together.

She can see right into his eyes.

In the brightness they're a light golden brown. Something that can make you feel safe.

In the darkness and when his angry, they smother up any light. Like black caves with no end.

It was dark but she knew the darkness was because of his anger, she could wonder where the ends to his eyes where. People could literally get lost in his eyes. Anna  was staring into those dark caves now but she knew the reason for it wasn't because he was angry with her.

Probably quite the opposite.

"You don't like me the way I've come to like you but I mean more to you than any assassin you've ever met, don't I?" Anna said, her voice soft.

"What gives you that idea?" Mitch muttered.

Muscles tensing up.

Anna leans in, so her breathing brushes his ear, he shivers.

"I know what makes you tick, remember?"

She pauses then...

"I remind you of her, don't I?"

Mitch breath hitches.

Mitch didn't tell her there were two other reasons, one a little darker than the other...

But...she reminded him of Mary.

He pulls back a little but before she can react Mitch cups her face then pulls it in for a kiss. She kisses back and leans into him.

Both their heartbeats sped up but both for different reasons.

He stops the kiss, breaking away.

I miss her so much.

His heart ached thinking about her.

He was really showing his heart to her. But then Anna thought, why wouldn't he? She wouldn't be able to tell anyone, anyway.

"Hey, I promise I'll tell her, if I see her" Anna said, comforting him.

Mitch held a chuckle in disbelief. How was this happening? Why was he the one getting comforted at the moment.

They were really close together. 

Mitch took a long deep breath.

"I think...you have the same eyes but it's been so long. I can barley remember what she looks like" Mitch confessed against her.

A deep sorrow in his voice.

Anna replied, her voice so gentle and soft.

"It's been about six years of your life, if I can recall my information about you"

Her hands covered his holding the gun, slowly she put some force of on them, the gun pressing deeper into her chest.

"Don't you think" Anna murmured "It's time to let her go?"

Mitch's brow creases, he glances down at his gun, he looks into her eyes again, then after a while he replies "Yes..."

It was time to let her go.

His finger pressed the trigger.

The loud bang echoes across his apartment.

Both Mary and Anna fell.

Anna hits the ground, her eyes open.

There was a smile on her face.

Mitch crouches down and then closes her eyes for her.

She looked...peaceful. 

He hoped she was with Mary, wherever they were.

One More Chapter Left but I might split it into two if it reads better that way. I really hope you enjoy this story so far! And this chapter and let me know what you think xx