Comforting Winds

Mitch's only thoughts that take hold of his mind is that he wants to get out, now. If he dealt with this any longer he'd end up seriously hurting someone and restraint wasn't one of his good points.

Theo's expression was also burned into his mind, reminding him of all the other bastards that had terrorised Beacon Hills. How was it fair the only one who seemed have died was Matt? Why couldn't the others drop dead to? He had no doubt they'd end up causing more trouble and killing innocent people. 

People who turn like that, on their own free will as well, never got rid of that darkness. Believing they'd gotten away with it once, so they could away with it again and again. No, there was only one way to deal with them. 

"Stiles!" 

Anna's shouts broke through his furious thought, he continued walking, not looking back. He couldn't shake the anger away yet. 

"Stiles!" 

Her hand came in contact with his shoulder. He whipped around to face her, scowling. 

"What do you want?" 

She seemed taken aback by his hostility for a moment but then said quickly "I understand- I mean I get what you do, you should have told them earlier but I understand why you didn't. I don't judge you for your job. Like you said, you save people" 

"They don't seem to get that" Mitch said, frustration caging his voice. 

"It was a shock, they just need to time to digest it. To realise who you are then I'm sure they'll come through" Anna said gently, stepping in front of him. 

Mitch eyed her as he said "Why don't you need time then?" 

Anna looked down and said "I-I didn't know you back then. I guess from what I heard what you used to be like, I don't see what they see when they look at you" 

"What do you...?" Mitch wondered curiously but trailed of feeling awkward however slowly his earlier anger had started to leave him as they talked. 

She looked him in the eyes, understanding what he wanted to know as she said steadily "Someone who might have saved my life just then" 

"Might have?" Mitch asked, raising his eyebrows at her. 

"I think I would have got him but it did have a chance of not working" Anna said with shrug. 

"You could have defended yourself differently. You gambled your life on that move." He said disapprovingly. 

"And you don't?" 

"You're a journalism student. I'm work for the CIA. A little different" 

"Yeah, just a little

Mitch laughed, the last of his anger evaporating. She seemed good at that. 

They walked in silence for a couple more minutes but it was a comfortable silence. 

Mitch wondered what the pack would do with the body, mind you, surely they would probably just bury him in the forest. Eventually the cops would find it but Mitch wasn't planning on staying long enough for that. 

He at first thought he was going back to the main road but his feet seemed to take him in a different direction that before. A very familiar direction but his mind was still occupied with Anna and what had just happened to really notice it. 

Until it was to late. 

The burnt down Hale house stood in before them. Anna seemed surprised but not shocked. 

"You've been here before as well?" 

Mitch was about to ask how she knew about it when there was a loud thud from behind him. Someone jumping down from a tree. 

"You two kids shouldn't be here" 

He knew who is was, not bothering to get his gun but he did hold in a chuckle as they turned around. 

Obviously Derek hadn't recognised him. 

Mitch quipped "Neither should you, didn't I tell you before, you should really invest in somewhere less..creepy and emotionally damaging to hang out in?" 

Derek stood before him.

 Derek recognised Stiles voice, stiffening as he stared at him. 

Could it really be?

It seemed Mitch thought, Scott had decided not to tell another person of his arrival, which had been at least a week ago and a couple of days. Lydia he could understand, it hadn't been that long, especially with their jobs but Derek, for a whole week and longer? 

"Stiles?" Derek said, his voice was pure confusion and shock.  His expression completely bewildered. 

"Hi, it been a while sour wolf"