Chapter Twelve: It Should Be Us

           It was funny how I was reacting towards Carlos and this was all because – Perception , it's such a strong word and believe me I had a good perception of Carlos and you read correct – had.

Why did he decided to change, it was rather strange in my eyes. I played it off like I wasn't shock, never did I thought he had a nice bone in him.

We were sitting on a bench infront of a lake. Everyone knew that I really had no clue where I was especially with the fact that it was night, wasn't really seeing much plus I wasn't concerned about my surroundings, I was intrigued by something else.

“So Carlos... ” he turned his attention to me, “Where did you grow up?” I looked down when I realized his intense stare.

He smirked slightly, “What makes you intrigued? Will you imprint me on you?”

I pouched my lips, “Curiousity...”

He pulled me to him, “Neglecting the second question Tor?”

I didn't know how he did it, he found it so easy to flirt like it was nothing. Even the most casual questions you'd ask, he turned it into a flirting fiasco.

But... I appreciated him for what he is, A Very Flirtatious Man.

“I know I don't need to answer that question.”

He nodded while smiling, “So I should just assume?” he questioned trailing his fingers on my legs, I held his hand stopping his gesture.

“Please stop it.”

He feigned innocence, “Stop what? Assuming?”

I closed my eyes, “No.”

He recited, “No?

“Yes.”

He put his free hand around my side, sliding it up my blouse. “Yes?”

I hissed and got up, “You know you're a very provoking man.”

He nodded, “Yes.”

I laughed, “So you agree?”

No?

I rolled my eyes and turned my back. I know I was behaving like a stupid immature teen but he was just that irritating.

I felt his hands circling around my waist and I smiled, he buried his face into my neck and whispered, “Baby I'll agree with anything you say, once it makes you happy.” he kissed my neck softly, “You're my girl Tori.”

Carlos...” I sighed.

“What? Did I say something wrong?” he asked sarcastically.

Removing his hands from my around my waist, I walked away. I just needed to get away from him but that was impossible. My mind was deceiving me. My heart was taken over already, I was such a weakling.

I had no direction, I was just walking and thinking... Thinking about how messed up my life is, the things I had done, how grateful I should be towards Joshua but I was tempted, too freaking tempted... I looked behind me and there he was slowly pacing himself, guess he knew I needed some time to get myself together.

Stuck in my trance, I remained where I was looking at Carlos not moving. I wanted him, I wanted him so much but I couldn't... Before I even did anything too drastic, I needed to really sort out myself.