Chapter Nineteen: Because of Me

                        After walking away from Joshua on the Pier, I was still in the parking lot sitting in my car, crying. I knew Josh wouldn't give up that easily and looking at myself in the small mirror on my sun visor, I knew that with this big whale across my face, Carlos will surely be pissed.

Josh had given so much to me but I just want to be happy and he doesn't do that for me anymore. His behavior took me by surprise because he seemed so distraught and that was something I never saw on him. I hurt him badly.

I picked myself up and used my hand to wipe my tears because I had to be strong for when Carlos come home tonight. I couldn't say I expected much of a calm reaction but to become violent, that never crossed my mind.

What could I have done, that would have made everything different? Was there anything really? Maybe, if Josh was a better boyfriend, I wouldn't have to find myself a housekeeping job that made this the end result.

But Carlos was actually watching you, so housekeeping job or not, you leaving Josh for Carlos would still be in the pipeline. My subconscious reminded me.

I hated this and I somewhat hated myself. Being obedient had become my thing and to be honest, I didn't know if Carlos would be able to handle the truth about me and what I was before Joshua found me.

My situation felt like a big mess and I didn't have the first clue on how to mop it up.

*~*~*

                     I was still crying when I pulled up in the driveway, I thanked God that Carlos didn't reach home as yet. When I walked inside, I hurried to our room so that none of the maids would see me and I could wallow in my self-pity to which I did until I fell asleep.

I woke up to find Carlos at the end of the bed looking at me. I wanted to close back my eyes but it was too late, he had already saw me.

Scrabbling out of bed, I walked far from him and went to the bathroom. In that moment, I was grateful for how huge the room was. I said nothing to him and with each step I made, I felt his eyes trailing me.

He was waiting and I knew it but I just didn't want to start as yet with reliving the earlier part of my day and my past.

"Shit," I muttered when I saw my face in the mirror, it had gotten worse. I could see his five fingers printed on my face that were highly swollen with purple blots, I looked horrendous.

Immediately, the bathroom door was pushed back aggressively, "Tori-Ann, are you trying to fucking play with me?" I couldn't even explain how his face looked. He's such a hothead.

"Why do you have to always call me Tori-Ann when you're upset? And you know I don't like it," I roll my eyes while looking back in the mirror. I shook my head before washing my face.

I almost walked straight pass him when he pull me back by my wrist. "What the hell happened to your cheek?"

With a loud sigh, I felt like I wanted to call my mother and cry but I knew that she wouldn't want to talk to me.

"Let's sit on the couch babe and I will explain everything." I really didn't want to but I had been preparing myself for this from I was in the car therefore, I had to do this, there was no way I couldn't.

He let go and allowed me to lead the way. I knew this was serious but it was that time for me to have the real conversation with him about everything.