×××

PROLOGUE | part three

        danielle foster

        danielle foster.

    she was the youngest out of two children — her older brother being twenty-three. her parents were happily married, and she was a werewolf.

     seems like a good life, right?

    well, her parents were pushing the teen to find a mate and she's been trying...but with no luck. her older brother, roland, found his mate when he was 17 years old, and he's been happy ever since.

     when a werewolf is in their teens, they're supposed to find their mate before their 18th birthday. if they didn't, it was a sign from the moon goddess stating that they should be alone.

      every year, there's a gala that all the un-mated male and female wolves attend....and just to dani's unfortunate luck, she had to go.

        "mom, do i have to go?"

     dani looked at her mother in disbelief as she watched her go through her closet. "yes, you do." her mother replied without tearing her eyes from the clothes that were in the closet.

    "i really don't see what the big deal is about having a mate..." the teen mumbled under her breath in annoyance, making her mother drop what was in her hands.

     "having a mate is like meeting your soulmate for the first time every single day for the rest of your life." her mother started as she turned to look at danielle.

      "mom, it's been three months since i turned eighteen....if i found a mate, don't you think that my wolf would have said something?" the teen asked while crossing her arms.

     her mother sighed and sat down next to dani on the bed. "dani," she started, "i just want you to be happy." "and i will be, whether i have a mate or not." danielle said with a small smile.

       little did she know that she was both right and wrong.