17

GOLDEN BROWN | seventeen

    each day became harder than the last. danielle was locked in her room for the fifth time this week, only coming out to shower and eat. jay was beginning to get annoyed, mainly because it seemed like dani was avoiding him.

     well, she basically was.

   no one, especially ondina and gray, would tell him what was wrong with the teen. "aish, what's up with her?" he mumbled quietly, "everytime she sees me, she runs off."

    "nadia is acting weird too."

  jay furrowed his eyebrows. "she is?"

      "yeah, she's acting more agressive."

         "well i'll be damned..." jay mumbled quietly, "danielle is avoiding me, but her wolf is agressive towards you...." he continued. "it's really weird...." fang stated with a huff. the man heard a door open and he looked up to see danielle sneaking out of her room.

    "time to find out what's up." jay muttered before he made his way upstairs. he walked into dani's room and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed, waiting for her to return.

     he could hear the teen's rushed heartbeat as she came back to her room. "something is wrong with her." jay said, "her heartbeat isn't usually this fast." when the teen closed the door, she jumped at the sight of him.

     "what's up with you?" jay asked with a frown. dani shook her head, "nothing." she mumbled quietly as she turned away from him to open the door again. jay rolled his eyes and closed it with his hand, blocking her way.

     "cut the bullshit, danielle." jay said as he narrowed his eyes, "you've been avoiding me for the past two weeks, something is wrong." danielle was still facing the door, her eyes shut tightly. "jay, there's nothing wrong." she said with a sigh.

    "if there's nothing wrong, then face me."

    danielle hesitated, but turned around anyway — her eyes were still closed. jay frowned, "open your eyes." he demanded softly, earning a quiet 'no' in response.

      "danielle."

   danielle bit her lip and opened her eyes, causing the alpha's to widen. "holy shit..." he mumbled in disbelief as he looked into the younger's eyes. in place of her chocolate brown eyes, golden brown irises were staring back at him.

     "she's going through the process." fang muttered. "i thought only male wolves did that?" jay asked in confusion. "yeah, but there are scarce cases of female wolvesespecially omegas like daniellethat have undergone the mating process symptoms." fang explained.

    "well, what do i do?" jay asked his wolf. "best thing to do is to let her claim you officially." fang explained.

    "if danielle doesn't do it soon,"

"what will happen?"

        "something bad."

×××

three updates within three days? i'm on a roll man!! 🙌🙌

luv y'all!
-kp💕