1.

~Louisa~

"Laina, can I move on from chemistry now?" I groan out.

"Lou, you know that it's your worst subject." She replies over Skype.

"Yeah, but... I want to have fun! What if tomorrow is our last day, Lain? I don't want to waste away studying." I complain.

"Wouldn't you rather just study today and live tomorrow?" Laina answers pointedly.

"Living's nice." I mutter back.

"That's what I thought." She giggles.

"Aren't you supposed to be helping Corrine?" I ask.

"Oh shit, I'll see you later! Keep studying!" She exclaims, ending the call.

I sigh and push my notebook aside, grabbing my phone.

I quickly dial and put my phone to my ear.

"Hey..." I hear a murmur through the speaker.

"Hey, Blake. You okay?"

"It's been a year." He whispers.

"I know." I reply softly.

1 year since my best friend died.

Ellie Harper.

Just another body that needed to be executed. Just another victim of the Thinning.

"I miss her everyday."

"Me too. At least it's our last year." I add to lighten the mood.

" I'm going to fail it." Blake says.

"What? No you won't! You're super smart, Blake. Don't worry." I exclaim.

"No, Louisa. I'm going to fail. On purpose."

"Why would you do that? Please don't, I need you!"

"My father didn't help Ellie, now he won't help me. I choose this, Lou. The Thinning is monstrous and if no one will fight it, then I will."

"You're my best friend. I can't lose you." I cry gently.

"You'll pass the test with flying colours and find happiness. Don't let my dad ruin everyone, ruin everything." Blake states.

"Blake..."

"Louisa. My mind's made up. Now keep studying, if you go into the Thinning with me... I don't even know what I'd do." He finishes.

"I don't accept this." I insist.

"Lou, I love you. Just pass the test." He says before hanging up.

"I love you too." I respond, pulling the phone away and stare at the now black screen.

***

I can barely find anything about this movie anywhere!!?!?!?!
(EDIT: I mean stuff about the movie, not the movie itself which I have obviously watched about a thousand times already lol)

SO, I DECIDED TO DO IT MYSELF! <3

I also have a tumblr for The Thinning: @lainamichaels

Anyways, if anyone else is a fan of the movie and actually reads this, thank you so much and please help spread the movie haha.

We need a fanbase for this :)