15.

~Kellan~

"Stop what you're doing right now!" A voice booms through the room.

I look up as everyone turned around. The man of the hour himself, governor Redding, finally decided to make a public appearance.

I look to my left and see Laina looking back up to me with a worried look. I smile at her reassuringly and stand tall.

"What brings you 'round this neck of the woods?" I call out in question.

"Mr. Woods, I would stop this before you do something you regret." He seethes threateningly.

"Why, you going to Thin me next? That's what you do, isn't it?" I taunt back.

"Kellan..." Laina murmurs, nudging me in warning.

"This young man is lying and he has no proof. He is acting out because his friend wasn't smart enough to pass the test." Redding exclaims.

"You're wrong, governor." A woman speaks up.

"What did you say?" He snaps.

"We've all seen the screen shots. The world has seen what you've done. We all know that you are guilty." She retorts with a ferocity that I applauded her for.

"We called authorities already." A man adds.

"I'm the governor, you can't do this..." He sputters.

"Take us to the kids. I want to see my daughter!" A lady commands.

I look over and notice the similarities this woman had to Sarah Foster, she must have been her mother.

The blonde reporter who was talking before goes up behind the governor with the other man who was talking and they each take one of his arms. They keep them behind his back and force him to lead them to where they do the Thinning.

"I've never seen the room." Laina states softly.

"If you had, you definitely wouldn't be here right now." I reply anxiously as we follow the group closely.

***

~Louisa~

"Blake, do you hear something?" I ask quietly.

He turns his ear to the door and nods quickly.

"It sounds like someone's coming." He observes confused.

"Is it King coming back to finally finish us off?" I wonder venomously.

"Let's hope not." Sarah spits out angrily.

"Would it be better to just get it over with or to continue sitting here, just waiting to be killed?" Blake questions.

"I- that's hard to answer." I reply.

"I think I'd appreciate more time seeing your beautiful face." Blake whispers.

"Really? I'm just scared and want this pain to be over with." I whisper back with a teasing tone.

"I am in love with you, Louisa." He mumbles staring into my eyes.

"I'm in love with you too, Blake." I reply breathlessly.

He twists more and kisses me softly. He pulls back and pushes my hair out of my face again.

"I'm sorry my father put you through this." He apologizes.

"It's not your fault. And either way, hopefully those screen shots will help someone. Maybe not us, but maybe it will get the Thinning stopped for future years." I point out.