Epilogue

~Louisa~

"Blake!" I call out as I walk into our cozy home.

"In here!" He yells in response.

I pull off my coat and hang it up before taking my shoes off and pushing them against the wall with our other pairs.

I walk through the hall and peek my head into the doors trying to find him. I go passed every door in our apartment and don't find him. The only place left was the small porch that looked out over our beautiful town.

I cautiously go to the sliding door and push the glass and step outside.

"Blake what are you doing outside, it's cold ou-" I stop mid-sentence when I finally spot my boyfriend standing looking ready to go out, leaning against the railing casually.

"Hey." Is all he says with a sweet smile.

"What's going on out here?" I ask curiously.

"I was going to make you wait until we ate, but I can't help myself so... Brace yourself." He informs me with a chuckle.

I nod and watch him in wonder.

I had an idea about what he was doing, but that didn't lessen my worries any.

"As you know, I went to school to learn about politics and all of that stuff that you find boring." He starts.

"Yeah." I confirm, still unsure about where exactly this was going.

"Well, I applied for a few positions and I heard back." He reveals with an easy grin.

"That's great!" I exclaim.

"But." He cuts off my excitement.

"But what?" I question.

"But... I have to move to Washington. I don't expect you to come since you have your own job and stuff going on..." He explains.

"You're moving? And leaving me?" I repeat softly, feeling a tightness in my throat.

"It's a great opportunity for me. Aren't you happy for me?" He replies.

"Of course I'm happy for you!" I defend myself. "I just wasn't... I don't know. I just wasn't really prepared for this news. Or you leaving me behind."

"We can still be friends. I just need to do this, it would help me get political experience so I can come back and take my father's place in the next election for governor." He clarifies.

"Okay..." I mumble and move to go back into the apartment.

What was I going to do? He was so serious. He didn't even crack a smile when he ended the conversation. How could this be real? I can't afford this place on my own. I don't have anywhere to go. Unless I move back in with my parents, but that's so embarrassing. I could ask Laina and Kellan if I could third wheel them for a while before I can get myself back on my feet.

I don't even remember my life on my own. I've been with Blake for six years... I don't know how to deal with being alone anymore.

I go to grab the handle of the glass door, but Blake's hand takes hold of my elbow. He releases me quickly and clears his throat and exhales his breath. I turn around to see what else he wanted to tell me, to crush my heart even more, but my own breath gets caught in my throat.

Blake was down on one knee with an apologetic smile on his face. In his hand was a small black box with a gorgeous ring on display.

"It was just a prank." He confesses with a nervous chuckle.