14.

~Blake~

Five months before the Thinning.

"What're we doing?" I ask with a chuckle.

"You'll see." Lou teases and continues dragging me by the hand toward the cliff.

She had come to my house in the early hours, so early that it was still dark out, and had basically kidnapped me. She told me to get into her car and we drove for two hours.

It was now 5:50 and we were approaching the edge of a large cliff, standing atop a mountain.

I follow her to the edge and watch as she sits down on the bright green grass. I had no idea how she knew about this place, but I didn't stop to question her and sat next to her.

"And now we wait." She informs me happily.

"For what?" I wonder.

She just turns her gaze to me and smiles before looking in front of her again. I watched her as she looked upon the gorgeous scenery. You could see the whole city from here, but honestly, nothing could compare to her beauty.

"Blake, watch." She whines playfully.

"I'm watching something even prettier though." I reply cheekily.

She reaches over and smacks my chest with the back of her hand. I finally follow her orders and set my eyes on the awe striking horizon.

Like a drop of a hat, pinks, oranges, reds and purples appeared across the sky. The colourful streaks peeked through the few small, fluffy clouds and accented the dark blue.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" She observes quietly.

"Yeah. How'd you find this place?" I finally ask.

"It was after El... passed away. I couldn't bare to sit and study all of the time. The Thinning is the dumbest thing ever invented. I hate it. If I wasn't so scared of dying, I would fail on purpose." She confesses.

"Don't do that." I interject.

"I wouldn't. I just needed somewhere that I could be alone and escape to my own thoughts." She explains.

"I get that." I mumble and pull her closer to me.

"It's all so unfair." She sighs and leans her head on my shoulder.

"Only one more 10-241 test left." I remind her softly.

"Isn't it crazy that we've only been dating for three weeks?" She giggles.

"It feels like longer." I respond.

"I hope Ellie found peace. I hope she isn't mad at me." Lou mutters.

"She wouldn't be. I promise." I comfort and wrap my arms around her.

"How've you been?" She asks.

"I'm better now that I'm with you." I answer.

I didn't tell her when I asked her out that I had liked her the first time we were friends, when we were only family friends.

I also didn't tell Louisa that Ellie had given her blessing for us to be together. I don't want her to think I'm only with her because Ellie told me that I should go for it, but I also don't want Lou to feel guilty that I liked her while I was with El.

The whole situation was a grey area that I didn't want to complicate and probably never will. 

"Are you worried about the test?" She murmurs.

"No, not really and you shouldn't be either. You and Lauren have been planning for your study dates like crazy." I point out.

"It's Laina, plus working together will keep us more focused. We start in two months and it'll be a few hours a week." She states.

"You both will do great." I confirm.

"You too." She adds.

I nod absentmindedly and smile down at her.

"No more taking about school." I groan.

"What do you wanna talk about then?" She replies.

"Nothing. I just want to sit her with my beautiful girlfriend and enjoy this gorgeous sunrise." I exclaim with a chuckle.

She laughs in response and cuddles into my chest.

"Sounds like a plan." She giggles.

***
This is more of a filler, but I like going back and writing about how cute Lou and Blake were before the actual story takes place haha!

Hope you liked it and let me know if you did (or if you didn't?? Lol)

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and following!! <3