7.

~Louisa~

"Blake, where are we going?" I hiss out quietly.

"I have somewhere in mind, just trust me." He whispers back, grabbing both my hands and looks me in the eyes.

I nod and he releases my left hand, leading us to his mysterious destination. I follow behind him and squeeze my right hand, as I turn my head quickly to see if a DPC officer was anywhere down the hall.

Blake grips tighter in reassurance and glances down at me before looking back ahead. We snuck down a few corridors before we finally ran into an officer.

Blake pulls me into his chest quickly and sits us between two rows of lockers, like I had before. As the guard approaches our hiding spot, Blake hugs me tighter into him, tucking my head under his chin after pecking my forehead.

I hold my breath when I hear the footsteps coming up beside the lockers. Clenching my eyes shut, I pray that the guard will simply walk passed us without a problem. My eyes only open when Blake strokes my cheek with his thumb.

"Let's go." He whispers.

I sigh and kiss him softly.

"I love you." I murmur.

"I love you too, it's going to be okay." Blake promises.

He stands up and holds out his hand for me, pulling me up. We continue our journey down the seemingly endless maze that was once just a high school to me. Now it was more of a prison. A place of fear and pain.

"Here!" Blake exclaims.

I run into his back and turn to where he was looking.

"It's a vent." I state.

"Exactly, give me a second." He says excitedly.

I do a 360 of the hall to make sure no one was watching and when my gaze lands back on my boyfriend, he is detaching the vent from the wall.

"After you." He motions me to climb in.

"Are you kidding?" I shriek, keeping my volume low.

"No one will find us in there and we can make our game plan in peace." Blake reasons.

"There might be rats and it's dirty in there." I complain.

"First, look at what you're wearing. Do you really care if it gets dirty. Second, I'll protect you from any rodents." He declares with a slight smile.

"But most importantly, would you rather get caught by one of the DPC officers?"

"Fine." I groan and bend down, crawling into the dark vent. "But you better not just be making me go first to stare at my butt." I joke to lighten the mood.

"That wasn't my original intention, although that is a great idea. Thanks." He responds with a chuckle.

"Why did you make me go first then? It's creepy in here." I voice, crawling deeper into the darkness.

"So I can close the vent back up so they won't get suspicious." He replies.

"Oh."

"Smarter than the average bear." He recites with a scoff.

It was something his father would often say.

"Are we going left or right?" I ask once we come to an intersection in the vents.

"Left." Blake answers instantly.

"What's this way?" I say confused.

"The control room is near the back of the school and we're in the middle, I believe. We have to make our way to the edge of the building." He states.

"How do you even know that?" I sputter with a giggle.

"Um, I'm not really sure." He laughs back.

"Great, you're turning into a ninja with mad directional skills." I tease.

"And you're turning into the female version of Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible." He chuckles.

"Ew." I answer laughing quite loud.

I immediately cover my mouth with my hand and try to calm down, wiping my tears with my other hand.

"I like those movies." Blake snorts.

"You should date the actual Tom Cruise then." I retort still muffling my laughter.

"Whatever." He shakes his head and playfully slaps my butt, squeezing passed me and starts crawling ahead of me. "We should be above the p-"

Blake cuts off what he was saying, as he falls through the vent.

"Blake!" I shriek.

I watch as the metal bends and snaps, sending Blake down and into the pool below us.

I quickly jump through the hole after him and hold my breath right before I plunge into the freezing water.

***

Update!!! And it's a cliffhanger, sorry!!

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and following! <3