Chapter 2: Black Tears

It was finally 3rd hour which meant that I either do nothing or run. I don't see how this helps me help the community. I walked down the hallway and into Leonardo's office. He wasn't in there because he had to watch the halls. My school wasn't like a super druggy school. We have a few drug heads and a few fights a month but that's it. Doesn't every school. I grabbed Leonardo's chair and sat in it. He only had pictures of him and his buddies on his desk. Leonardo is only 32 years old and he doesn't have a wife or kid yet. If he was in a good mood, he would let me stay here and he would sit in those crappy chairs the school provides.

     About 5 minutes later, Leonardo walked in and gave me a look.

"What are you doing in my chair?" He said.

"I'm sitting." I said with a grin.

       I couldn't tell if he was in a good mood or not. He turned around and closed the door. He walked over to me and picked me up, carrying me like a baby and carrying me over to the crappy chairs.

"Excuse me sir?" I said pausing looking into his eyes.

I continued, "Can you please put me down."

"Ok." He said, dropping me on the ground.

"Ow! What the hell!" I said.

"No cursing Kate. You told me to put you down so I did." He said with a serious voice and he straightened himself so he looked more serious.

Why is he always so serious and strict?

"Can't you ever take a joke?" I said.

"No. Now get up and go change because you have to run today for cursing, attitude, and sitting in my chair without permission." He said with a small grin.

I got up and rubbed my butt. I fell about 2 feet, and landed  right on my butt. I grabbed my gym bag and opened his door.

      I walked out and closed it. I headed to the bathrooms which was on the other side of the hallway from Leonardo's office. I walked into the girls restroom and Thank goodness no one was in there. I hate it when other people are in the bathroom when you are. I opened the biggest stall so It would be easy to take off my clothes. I opened the stall and closed it behind me. I opened my gym bag and took out my black shorts, and a plain blue shirt. I took off my clothes and put the other ones on. I put on my Nike shoes and put my clothes in my gym bag. I loved my gym bag, it was cornflower blue which is my favorite color.I picked up my bag and opened the stall door. I looked in the mirror and grabbed my hair tie. I put my hair back in a ponytail. I walked out of the bathroom and threw my bag in front of Leonardo's door. He can put it in his room if he wants to. I started running down the hallway and ran into the gym. I keep running around the outline of the gym.

     About 15 minutes later, I was speed walking because I was getting tired. I heard the gym doors open and saw Leonardo walking in so I started running again, acting like I was running the whole time.

He yelled, "Kate! I need you to come here!"

I didn't care why he needed me, I was tired and I am happy that he stopped me. I ran over to him cutting through the middle of the gym. I was right in front of him, my breathing was very heavy.

I asked, "Is my punishment over?"

"You need to come to the office with me." he said.

"Why?" I asked.

The tone in is voice sounded very scared or worried.

"It is about your parents." I looked up at him.

I knew something was wrong, I could feel it in my stomach. 

     We walked into the office. Leonardo right behind me. He closed the door behind us.

"To the Principal's office." Leonardo said.

I walked over to Mr. Bagwell's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." he said.

When I opened the door, there was two police officers in there along with Mr. Bagwell.

"Please close the door Leonardo." Mr. Bagwell said.

He did so.

"Hello. I'm Officer Smith and this is Officer Johnson. I am sorry to tell you this but your parents were in an accident around 10 AM this morning. Apparently they were going to a meeting together which was downtown."

My parents work together, they own their own real estate business.

"On there way there, they slide off the side of the road and hit a tree. I am so sorry to tell you but your parents didn't make it. They were pronounced dead on the scene." Officer Smith said.

I looked down at the ground. This couldn't be real. It couldn't be. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I turned around and started crying into Leonardo's chest.

He was holding me tight whispering into my ear, "It will be ok, I promise. Everything will be alright."

How was anything going to be alright! Both of my parents are dead!