Chapter 3: Never Coming Back

I held onto Leonardo with all my might while I sobbed into his chest. He released his hug even though I wanted him to hold onto me forever. He was the closest thing I had to a friend here. I give him a hard time and he gives me a hard time but in the end, he would be there when I needed someone. I looked up into his eyes and he had his serious face back on. He wasn't looking at me, he was looking at Mr. Bagwell who was still talking to the Officers. I just lost the people that loved me more than anything and he couldn't even show emotion.

"You can stay in my office the rest of the day. You can even sit in my chair." Leonardo said while looking down at me and giving me a little grin.

I turned around and walked out the door without answering him. I was angry that him made a joke at this time, like MY PARENTS JUST DIED! What the hell is wrong with you making a joke! Maybe I'm getting a little extreme but I'm frustrated and sad at the same time. Most teens feel like this most of the time and I don't see how they can handle it. I walked out the door and closed it behind me. As soon as I closed it, I put my ear up against the door to listen to their conversation. Tears were still rolling down my face. My light blue shirt was now dark blue from tears and sweat.

"What are you doing Miss?" The Secretary asked.

"Why does it make a difference in what you are doing?" I said with a lot of attitude.

After I said that, I put my hands up to my mouth realising I just said that. She looked at me with anger and then her face became calmed.

"I'll let you go since you are going through a rough time but never let that happen again." She said, I nodded and headed out the office.

     As soon as I closed the office door, the bell rang saying that 3rd Hour was over. I didn't want anyone to see my eyes red and my face all puffy. I looked around and saw the Janitor's closet. I ran over there, opened the door, and got inside the closet while closing the door behind me. It was extremely dark in there. I hit my knee on something and it really hurt. I looked for a light switch but I couldn't find one so I just stood there in the dark closet. I could hear people laughing and talking on the other side of the door. Someone was pushed or fell into the door and I jumped thinking that someone was coming in. After I heard the bell ring, I opened the door and looked outside making sure that no one was out there still. When I saw that the coast was clear, I stepped out and closed the door behind me. I walked into Leonardo's office which was down the hall a little ways. I looked down at the ground just in case someone walked out of one of the rooms and they couldn't see my face.

     I was finally in Leonardo's office. He wasn't in there, he was probably still talking to Mr. Bagwell and the Officers. I sat down in his chair. I started thinking of things that my parents and I use to do. Like when we used to go the pool and swim the whole day until they kicked us out. We use to walked to the park which wasn't far away from our house. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks again so I stopped thinking about the past. I wiped the tears away. I did start thinking about what was going to happen to me. I have no close family. My parents were only children and my grandparents are both died. I had no cousins that are anything near me and all of them don't live in the same state as me and I haven't even met half of them. Am I going to have to go to foster care? I didn't want to. Maybe I can run away and not look back. Start a new life and change my name. I heard the door close and I jumped. I was thinking so much that I didn't even notice that Leonardo came in.

"What's going to happen to me?" I asked.