Chapter 9: Am I In Big Trouble Or Is He?

The sirens sounded like they were coming closer. Closer and closer by the second. I knew that he was in trouble but then I started thinking, if he gets into trouble and arrested where do I go? To a foster care? Will I have to live on the streets with homeless people? Will I become a homeless person? With all these things running through my head, I didn't hear the footsteps behind me. I felt a hand clamp over my mouth. I started panicking.

"Nice try." he said angrily.

I knew right away that it was Leonardo. I removed his hand and turned around to see him all sweaty and angry. I knew I was going to get it later.

"Come on. We are going home now!" He said so strictly that I automatically got up and started walking towards the house with him.

He walked behind me. Once we got to the house, cops stopped us and told us that don't move any closer.

"This is my house sir and I pressed the alarm." I said.

The cop then pulled out his gun and told Leonardo to put his hands up. He did so. I looked back and he looked down at me like I better do something. I started thinking.

"Wait! He is with me! I accidentally hit it with my box of clothes. He is my legal guardian now. He adopted me and he was just helping me move to his place." I said to the cop.

He lowered his weapon and put it back into his holster.

"Alright ma'am. We'll clear out of here and you can go grab the rest of your stuff after we are finished.", the cop said.

The cop walked away and back into the house. I turned around to see Leonardo starring at me with cold eyes.

"You know you could have prevented all of this. Am I really that bad?" He said.

I could actually hear the sadness in his voice. I feel like crap now. He isn't that bad, I am the bad one. I'm the one who is ruining everything because I am suborn and I just can't think of anyone else being my dad. Just imagine someone else being your dad, who else would be your dad? Just think of your dad passing away and then your mom gets remarried or you get adopted by some random person because your dad was the only one there for you. This is what I feel like. I couldn't imagine someone else as my dad so I kept running away from the one person who was trying to save me. 

I ran over to Leonardo and hugged him.

"I am so sorry." I said while crying into his chest.

He hugged me back and said,

"So am I sweetheart."

He does have a heart.

   After the police left, we started packing all my stuff and put it in his truck. We drove to his house and I didn't realize that his house was actually going to be pretty deceit. He had a two story house and also a basement. The outside of his house was brick and the inside had white walls. When you first walk in, you are in the living room and there is a big open space that leads you right into the kitchen. He had a black couch and a big screen TV in the living room and also 4 chairs all black. 

"Do you not have a wife or girlfriend?" I asked.

This looked like a man's house. No decorations, really just furniture.

"No I don't." He said.

He sounded a little sad when he said it. Like someone had hurt him before. Maybe that is why he is so protective. He started walking up the stairs and I followed him.

   Once we were up the stairs, we turned to the our left and went down the hallway. The walls were also painted white and there were a few pictures of him and his friends or family on the wall. We passed two doors that were closed and then we stopped at the 3rd door. He put my clothes down and then opened the door. He picked up my clothes again and then walked into the room. I followed him inside the room which I was guessing was mine. I was very surprised how big it was. The walls were blue and there was a king size bed. There was also a wooden dresser, a black chair and a mirror connected to the dresser.

"This is all yours now." He said.

"Wow. This isn't that bad. I was expecting you to live in a crappy apartment."  I said while giggling a little.

He also laughed and then said,

"No no no. I don't live in a crappy apartment. But there are so rules here."

He turned back into the strict guy I knew. I nodded my head and put down the box so that he knew he had my full attention.

"Rule #1: Curfew is at 10 PM unless I say different.

Rule #2: No boys here EVER.

Rule #3: When my friends are over, I don't want them to see you. They don't know about you.

Rule #4: Clean up after everything. Your room must be spotless everyday.

Rule #5: You will have chores and you must do them. "

"Yes sir." I said and then picked up my box. I walked over to Leonardo and my bed and put the box down.

"If you break any of these rules, there will be consequences." He said and looked me straight in the eyes when he said it.

Leonardo walked out of my room and closed the door behind him.

I signed and looked down at my boxes.

"How in the hell am I going to live here?" I said.