11

"Who could have done this?" Lady Anna says in dismay at the sight of the destruction.

Taren is angry. Someone is terrorizing Ariele and he can't imagine who or why. For the most part Ariele is soft spoken and prefers the background to being the center of attention. Even if she does have Commander Grey not knowing which way is up. Enlightenment.

"I don't know who specifically but it seems that others have noticed just how caught Grey is with Ariele. This has the hand of a female in it." Taren voices his thought out loud.

Anna looks at him in exasperation. "This has a hand of a very jealous lady to it, but she didn't act alone. Not with this much damage. That's what I don't get, everyone knows Grey's womanizing, but never before has another female been attacked for it. And they know that when Grey takes on a protection detail that he doesn't sleep with those he protects. Usually it keeps him as far from them as he can get especially after the protection detail is done.

"So why this and why now?" Anna muses but still moves into the room.

"And more importantly where were the guards that should have been protecting the room?" That is what has Taren pressing his lips together in anger. He knows that Jeshua had sent replacements for the two guards that had been hurt or killed that morning.

Anna ignores his question and moves over to the bed. The pillows have been shredded and feathers added to the mayhem of the scene.

"Do we just try to sweep everything together and have it taken out?" Like Grey, Taren is overwhelmed and has no idea where to start.

"And waste all those dresses Grey made her? Nonsense. From the amount of material thrown about there must be at least twenty gowns here. I've never heard of Grey making that many dresses period let alone so many for just one person. But then again a female has never saved his life before either." She bats away at a feather that keeps trying to land on her nose.

"First order of business separate the materials. Let's get these pesky feathers out of the way. They're irritating me. Once the pillows are fixed up then we can start repairing the dresses." Soon they had piles of different materials placed around the room and Anna realizes that the feathers weren't just from the pillows. She fixes the mattress and uses all the feathers. She'll just have more pillows sent to their room.

Now that the feathers were taken care of she sets about repairing the dresses. That was more difficult. Each dress was unique. Some had more than one kind of material on it and each one had it's own unique designs.

Anna used the challenge like that of a puzzle. Every time she found a matching piece she put them together. Soon the pieces of material lessened and the individual pieces grew larger. When she could she put the larger pieces together and dresses started forming up under her eyes.

By the time she and Taren were done all the dresses were repaired, but when Anna sees the sad remains of the roses left scattered about her heart ached. Roses were or rather are Grey's specialty. For there to be so many the room had to have been filled.

She spies remains of vine roses and it makes her want to cry. Grey went out of his way to do this for Ariele. He's never given anyone so many roses before. At most he's given a dozen or so when he was really smitten, but nothing like this.

"I've never seen the Commander so in love with a woman." Taren says. "First dresses and then roses in such quantities."

Anna remembering about that morning understands far more, but says nothing. But she suspects that Taren is right, Grey is in love with Ariele and her heart aches for him.