22

Jeshua had already set up the trundle bed by the time they come back and had moved it to the far corner to give them as much privacy as he could. A move that both Ari and Grey approve of.

Jeshua turns in and the lights in his part of the room go out. Soon the only lights were the small lights that outlined the bed.

Grey takes his time with Ari. And is chagrined when a shield is slammed into place. He'd forgotten to put one up and made a note to himself to apologize to Jeshua. But he hadn't stopped his seduction of his wife.

As he lays there with her sleeping in his arms he just looks at her and is content. He knows that time is short. She gets so tired so easily, but he's never felt so alive as he does with her. He's not sure how he's going to survive without her.

He doesn't hear the knock announcing breakfast since Jeshua left the shield up all night and is therefore surprised by Alexis's arrival the next morning. This time there had been no time to cover up and neither of them were covered.

It is Alexis's gasp of shock and deepest apologies that wake him. He scrambles to find a blanket but the damage is done. Ari didn't awake at all but Grey is blushing red as the deep red rose he loves to give Ari.

He jumps out of bed and takes a quick cold bath before dressing. But finds himself nonplussed as he realizes that his clothes are on the other side of the screen. He dismisses the shield and yells for Jeshua.

Jeshua comes over in an amble hiding his snickers only because he didn't want to hurt Alexis's feelings. He's never seen Grey so disturbed as he did now. Since he knows the cause he's in no hurry. But he isn't happy about how upset Alexis is.

"I need clothes or Alexis will see even more of me than she did earlier and I'm not sure how well Ari would take that." Grey says menacingly.

"Grey why don't you make your own clothes?" Ari says sleepily sitting up and letting the blanket fall with unconcern. "But I won't mind, not nearly as much as you seem to mind others seeing me." At which Grey whirls around and sees his wife in her full glory. Which sets him to growling.

"You should feed her more boss." Is all Jeshua gets out before Grey nearly leaps on him. He finds himself frozen in place instead. Jeshua decides that retreat is the better part of valor at this time and goes over to Alexis and keeps his back firmly to the two lovers.

"Really Grey, you need to learn to not be so angry all the time. I married you, you don't need to worry about me straying." Ari says as she tests the bath water.

Grey heats it for her without her asking. "It has nothing to do with you straying, but everything to do with others touching what doesn't belong to them. I'm not saying you are my possession, but your aren't available for the taking either. Unless you're tired of me already?" Grey hadn't even thought of that possibility.

"Please Grey give me some credit will you? Of course I'm not tired of you. I've just barely begun to get to know you. You are fascinating to me. Do you really think that Jeshua might hurt me or try something with me? He looked at me with as much interest as you do Anna. Pretty enough to look at perhaps but not interested." She says as she steps into the slightly overheated water but hides the winces. The water will cool down soon enough.

"Breakfast will get cold if you stay in there too long." Grey says hardly mollified. He just doesn't like others looking at his wife. She'd been hurt too much and too often by men that didn't know the meaning of hands off.

"So get dressed and get you some food. I'm not very hungry anyway." Grey likes that even less.

"Either hurry up or I'll join you and this time there won't be any shields. It will make them both very uncomfortable. Especially what I plan on doing." Grey very carefully keeps his body out of reach so that Ari won't be able to see. She just might take it into her head to stay in there to try it out. He makes a note to try it out later.