19

"It smells better in here already," Taren says to break the silence. He'd never cared for dungeon duty. And he hopes that Ariele will be able to get the information they want so he doesn't have to order the instruments used. Although technically the order will be Grey's he doesn't think Grey will, not with Ariele around.

The guards bring in the first prisoner, the man they caught trying to kill Ari. The man talked quick enough and although Ari looked she found no lies or subterfuge.

He'd simply taken the job for the extra money. She was a stranger, new to the castle. He hadn't known how important she was since she came alone.

"I just took the money. The man kept his face hidden and I didn't recognize his voice. Honest." He hadn't tried to see the face either. He hadn't wanted to get killed because he knew too much. Ari nods at his words.

"Very well. Guards take him back to his chamber." Grey says. He hadn't expected much from this man and so wasn't disappointed. "And bring in the bitch."

Grey holds his hands up in surrender at Ari's disapproving look. "It's the truth Ari and you know it." Ari sighs at the truth of it. Grey nods and they take out one of their guests and some time later return with the other requested guest.

"Well at least she can walk now." Sheila still has her arm raised as she had when she was going to kill Grey.

Though naked she didn't show any embarrassment about her state. It seems to Ari that she was even strutting her body off. And though she watches Grey she's relieved to note that all she sees from him is disdain and disgust.

Looking at Taren she sees the same. But the two guards were a different matter. She nudges Grey who looks at the two guards. He sighs, "Fine you win. But in order to dress her you'll have to finish releasing the spell."

Taren heard him and moves to the other side of the table and positions himself behind Sheila. Ari releases the spell and Taren holds Sheila's hand wresting the dagger out of it. He tosses the dagger over to Grey who tucks it into his sash.

"Thanks Taren. Really Sheila you have no manners. I really have no idea what I ever saw in you." Grey's words were soft and slightly cruel. Sheila is well known for her endowed charms and sexual abilities.

She turns white at the insults and glares at him. She doesn't know how she failed. She turns her hatred filled eyes on the woman at his side. "How did you stop me? Grey said that he sent you to sleep and Grey's spells are strong. There's no way you should have been able to stop me."

Grey made the dress out of the itchiest material he could and he made it directly on her so they didn't have to fight her to put it on. That would only inflame the guards.

Ari ignores the woman. She had touched Sheila's wrist but Sheila pulled away. Taren grabs her and Sheila goes wild. Ari has had enough and refreezes Sheila but having more control leaves her head free. A decision she regrets as Sheila starts spouting obscenities.

"Enough you fouled mouth bitch, the only thing I want to hear from you are answers to my questions." Grey says savagely as Ari grabs Sheila's wrist and Sheila looks daggers of hate at her.

Sheila stubbornly refuses to answer any questions put to her but she couldn't stop her mind from recalling the memories and Ari saw them all clearly.

"Ask her about the man that approached her to kill us." Ari says. Grey obediently follows her order.

Sheila is shocked that Ariele knew about the man and can't help replaying everything. Ari watches the detailed memory closely and has to laugh. The man wasn't a man but a woman disguised as a man. But she couldn't tell who, she kept her face covered.