12

Before Ari can say anything more than you're welcome Grey has her pulled to her feet and unlocks the door. In the corridor he takes a deep breath and goes to Anna's door. The guards didn't notice anything unusual with that nor did they comment on the still red eyes that Ari has.

Ari is amused rather than angry about that. That she has gotten further with Grey than the others that were far more practiced amuses her. Perhaps they too would have gotten further had they not come on to him so strongly. Especially since Grey didn't even like her when they first met, such a short time ago.

"Grey!" Anna is startled she didn't think anything could get him to willingly come here. That he's ushering in a calm Ariele makes it all the more surprising for her.

"Yes, Anna?" He's trying but the coolness of his words show that he still hasn't forgiven her. Grey waits but when Anna doesn't say anything else he just takes Ari over to the couch.

"We haven't had anything to eat today and Ari is more than a little hungry. Since the servants won't go near my room, yours is the only other secure location that I can trust right now. Would you please allow us to eat here?" Grey asks but in so an emotionless a voice that there can be no doubt that he is controlling his temper.

Ari grabs his hands and some of the stiffness leaves his body. He smiles down at her and more of the anger leaves.

Taking a deep breath Grey tries harder. "Anna may we please order some food and eat here?" He manages to say that in almost normal tones.

Anna manages to hide her feelings as she replies in normal tones, "But of course Grey. Formality has never been an issue between us." In fact they were very like brother and sister as the guards can attest.

Grey gives her a short bow and goes to the door and has one of the guards send for food. After closing the door he heads to his normal window seat but changes course and goes to sit by Ari on the couch.

This change of course has Anna blinking. Grey always takes the window seat. It's a well known fact. Unless there is urgent business that requires him to go to the more formal sitting area he always takes the window seat. He loves watching the fountain.

Grey whispers in Ari's ear. She blushes but nods her head. Soon the pesky lights that she left zooming around his room were now zooming around Anna's apartment.

Anna's gasp is one of pure delight. Especially since these lights are all different colors. They seem to form a dance, each of the cool colors paired with a complementary warm color.

As with the fountain watching the lights helps Grey relax and soon he finds that he can even smile. He finds and holds Ari's hand in his as the dance becomes more and more complex. He swears that he can almost hear the music that the lights are dancing to. When it ends he's clapping along with the other two.

"That was lovely, Ariele. And you found the secret to making them even better." Anna jumps up and gives Ariele a hug. She would have given Grey a hug but his look warned her off before she even tries.

"Thank you Grey, I know it was your idea for her to make them." Anna says instead for more cautiously than she would have in the past.

"I did it more for me than you Anna. The lights help me calm down. Haven't you ever wondered why I spend so much time staring at the fountain?" Grey says the anger starting to come back.

Anna refuses to look away from his belligerence. "No, I knew exactly why you watch the fountain every time you come here. That is why I never allow anyone to sit there until you have chosen elsewhere to sit. There are times I do the same thing. But when you come I move so that you can have the view."