e i g h t e e n

↠♛↞
22 August 2015
8:00pm

- JIMIN

"I've contacted your parents. They said they'll come by tomorrow," Taeril told me.

"Wow. Just wow," I rolled my eyes.

I was in my cell, looking up at the ceiling when Taeril entered to tell me the news. I did not bother anymore.

"Can you tell them to come after I'm hung?" I asked sarcastically as I sat up.

Taeril ignored my question and approached me instead.

"I thought maybe you would want to see them for the last time," he said.

"Why would I want to see them for? They are useless!" I exclaimed frustratedly.

Taeril just shook his head before handing me something, a document.

"You can keep it," he said.

With that, he left my cell, leaving me dumbfounded. I looked down to the document he had given me before opening it up. My eyes became teary seeing its content. Inside was pictures––pictures of my friends and I.

There were pictures of our first day of school, selfies in classrooms, pictures of our outings and many more. Tears streamed down like rivers as I recalled back those memories.

But why would Taeril give me this?

Now to think about it, he was not that bad after all.

↠♛↞
23 August 2015
11:00am

- JIMIN

That day, Taeril had forced me to meet my parents so he wheeled me into a room where they were, waiting anxiously for my arrival.

"Jiminie-ah!" I heard my mom calling out for me as I entered the room.

I did not react. Taeril pushed me to the opposite side of the table before facing me to my parents. He then left, giving me and my parents some 'alone' time.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry," my mum uttered, her eyes tearing up.

I just looked away.

"Jimin, we're sorry we were not there for you..." My dad added.

I looked to him before rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"I don't need your apology," I simply said.

My mum burst into tears.

Pathetic.

I placed my arms on the armrests of the wheelchair and looked away again.

"Son, talk to us. We are here now," my dad demanded.

"Yeah, you're only here knowing that I'll die soon, right?" I blurted out.

"No, no, It's not like that. We were busy but- we're here now. Here for you," my dad responded.

Get me out of here already.