Prologue

He walked up to me. That's all I remember when I really let my imagination run wild. I know I've loved him. For a long, long time. My memories need tweaking and maybe a slight push to fully contort the day he first showed up.

I'm joking when I deny that I don't remember. Because you know, some things are going to stay with you forever.

There he was, standing in the corridor twisting the strap of the donald duck water bottle around his fingers, and fully engrossed with it. From where I was seated in the second row, I can only point the new kid to my other friends. They laughed and snickered at him when they saw he was really small for our age.

The kid looked around awkwardly fixing his hair until the teacher took his hand and walked him in.

And then, the inevitable happened. He landed on my bench because my best friend chose that day to be absent. From what the years will unravel, she'll be absent for more of those days than she can stay.

He shoves his book- bag in between us on the long, wooden bench and smiles at me. What do I do? I smile back.

This forms a string that will tie us for the years to come.

Want to stick together and find out the rest?

©Anjali Sinha, 2016.

All rights reserved.

All relations to any person(s), places, public figures and other things are purely and coincidentally fictional.