07| Aashi

Chapter -7| Aashi

Neel can only see the silhouette of her back disappearing behind the black, metal doors of her driveway. He watches, helpless, as the door closes behind her. He waits for her to get inside. Aashi turns around only to meet his eyes for a quick moment, then to close the main door to her house. The distance seemed to swallow when it comes to feeling the same panic behind someone's eye.

                             ***

*With him, she had some wonderfully stable times, Rohit seemed to blank her brain so much more.*

I underline the name Rohit and cut the name from in between. I punch the backspace button on my lappie till everything disappears. I wish I can erase my past like that too. I can't even write a short story for my blog without thinking about him. I feel betrayed by my own self and feelings that don't seem to be contained in the nook and crannies of my brain. Is it that hard to get over somebody?

How can you hate someone and still think about them continuously all the time? Ugh, I hate myself at the moment.

I know I have to distract myself so, I searched for my phone lying around somewhere, and hurriedly send a text to Ria.

3:55 p.m.

Me: *Can you come over?*

3:56 p.m.

Rii: *Sure, I was heading towards your house but stopped to get us some chocolate shakes and chicken wings. Btw, a certain gossip fly told me that 'HE' tried to stop you after school?*

Me: *Yeah, get your ass in here so, we can talk.*

Rii: *Be there in ten. x*

I swipe the screen to the right to see her message and heave a sigh. I lean on my nightstand to get the book 'Godfather' sitting on it, and I try to keep myself occupied until Ria shows up with food.

She does after twenty long minutes as I'm halfway engrossed in the story; at the point where Michael hides his iciness behind his cold, fatal smile.

"What does that fucker want from you, now?"

"I don't know," I mumble, taking the food that Ria hands me, opening my chocolate shake and pushing a straw through the lid.

"Seriously, I'll kick his ass, Aashi. And cut off his dick slowly with the blunt side of a knife. I'll leave his balls in place though, and hang him by the balls. Then I'll chop his itty-bitty sorry excuse of a male anatomy into pieces and sautée it with some veggies then feed it to him and watch in utter satisfaction." Ria complains sipping her cold coffee latte and licking the foam off her lips. Then her lips curl down as she comes up with something new, "or we can fry his dick and feed it to the dogs. Plain and simple."

I cover my ears and hope Shadow doesn't hear that. "No, you're not feeding my baby that deplorable piece of shit."

"Don't worry, I'll feed it to the stray dogs in your neighbourhood. Hey, I love our brownie awesomeness too you know." Just then, Shadow emerges through the open door of my room, licking and howling at Ria when she pets his ears, feeding him a chocolate cookie.

"Don't feed him, like that," I roll my eyes, "he has put on a lot of weight."

"It's okay, he's still the hottest pug around here, aren't you, little boy?" Shadow calms down a bit, when I eye him, and goes on to sit on Ria's toes.

Ria feeds him the rest of the chocolate- chip cookies, while I dig in the wings, murmuring, "this is so good."

Ria nods her head, "Yeah, I know. Tell me about it. . . well, or you can tell me about what really happened in school?"