11| Neel

Chapter-11 (NEEL)

*"What. . . what in the fucking hell?"*

*"What? This is not real. This couldn't be real."*

*"No. . .no. . ."*

*"Hell no."*

*"My beautiful baby."*

"*Oh, no, this isn't supposed to happen. How could they?"* Rohit is slamming the doors of his red Audi, then pivots and runs his fingers through his messy hair. His hands reach for his phone peeking out of the jeans' back pocket but then, him looking like he is about to throw it away into the wilderness is a clear indication of the wrath he is trying to keep at bay.

But with what looks like a quick change of heart, his right hand picks it out.

From where I can see, he has a tight grip on his phone, so much so, that his knuckles turn red. He looks like a freaking, ticking time bomb, his facial features contorting into malice, then turning into a deep shade of crimson.

He's running around his car haywire, looking around franticallyand slapping the car's hood in the end, when he finds out that there's nothing that can be done now.
It's futile.
His efforts for today have gone to an utter and complete waste. I made sure of that.

What I didn't predict was him dropping down to his knees, which he does, defying my asssumptions about him. Panicked and defeated, bowing his head, even a stray tear or too, or it's just an illusion my head is painting for me.

He gets up, and lashes out at the nearby people who are passing by and stopping next to his car trying to grasp the situation, and then someone tries to sympathise with him, by putting their arms on his shoulders. He pushes the person away with an ample amount of force which knocks this kind person onto the ground.

They back off pissed, in an obvious ridiculed distaste in their mouths,
bad- mouthing him. His little transgression might've put him in a hell lot of trouble, if there were any cops around but the asshole is lucky.

Rohit again drops to the ground, inspecting the engine and rubbing his hands on his faded jeans with obvious bleach,
trying to check for any more damages to his beloved car. However, it's too late.

He gets up looking antsy, turns around to search people watching. . . but haha, we are at a far distance from his location but it's a good hiding place with an easy access to where he's standing and mourning.

His right hand slaps his forehead in exasperation. Then, his right hand drops, as he makes the face of one who's just gotten an idea. He shoves the phone back into his jeans and pushes his hand to his face and lets *out* a bloodcurdling scream.

                      ***

# 2 hours earlier#

"Baby, I think we should get an extra diet- soda. You really think he will show up right?" Saheema's voice reverberates the chilly insides of Arjun's car. He has pumped the A.C. to the maximum because it's quite a bit sunny, and let's face it, India is burning all year round.

"I don't think so, I will develop a cold. And, yes, he will show up. I know that fucker, as you like to call him."

"But... don't you think he will be a tinee- tiny bit suspicious?" She puts two fingers in front of my face, and showcases the distance between her forefinger and her thumb.

"I hope not, babe. Then, I'll think you've betrayed me. And, you know how much I hate backstabbers!?"

"I know babe," she rubs her fingers on my jaw to calm me down, "but it's just that... never mind, I'll just text him again to show up exactly at 6:30 pm."