O4| Aashi

Chapter 04| Aashi

After the movie, we grab a bite in the McYummy. I order a chicken tortilla and Ria and Arjun order a combined chicken - guellete pizza with extra fries. I don't see what Neel orders because I don't care enough to check.

Anyways, Ria and Arjun go into the love- bird mode which starts to annoy the hell out of me.

"Baby eat this," Arjun almost shoves the pizza into Ria's mouth while she's still talking to me,"uh.  ..mmm. . .that's yum, baby. How can they even make these yummy things. It's a crime."

"Awww. . .you're right, darling. Except, it's not as yummy as you."

"You guys make me sick as fuck." I roll my eyes.

Neel spits out the chicken burger (because I can recognize it's smell from a thousand metres) and start to choke and laugh at the same time.

We all break into laughter but Arjun looks pretty embarrassed, and Neel slaps his shoulder and mutters something, that moves them into sputters of laughter. This quietens both Ria and me and we share a conversation through our eyes.

Something's is definitely up. I try to play along and find out what it is. So, I put on a cheeky smile,"What secrets are you guys keeping from us girls?"

"Nothing, y'all. It's a guy's thing."

This raises the curiousity thousand times more.

"Uhh. . . tell us or Ria will have your balls, Arjun. Figuratively speaking."

"Okay. Look at the girl standing there," we girls both turn around to look at her, "concentrate on the guy she's with and watch when he sits." We wait for the guy to collect his ketchup from the counter and sit. Then, we see it.

When he sits, his jeans goes down. Like really, really down. The crack of his butt is in complete display. It's the men's version of cameltoe. And we all break out laughing huge laughs with watering eyes.

The girl probably with her boyfriend turns around and gawk at us, and like under the observation of a teacher, our laughter tones down a bit. But, it's still there.

I see that the tension between the group that Neel formerly created has died down.

We eat the next few minutes in peace with each one of us not saying anything. We just sneak silent glances at each other and flash a smile.

Suddenly, Neel's cellphone starts ringing and he excuses himself from the group to have a private conversation probably at a more silent place than the ruckus this place is.

"Where did he go?" Words escape my mouth before even registering in my brain. A part of my conscience recognizes the fact that it could be Saheema. Another part realises that I still care. And I yell at both of these parts to keep quiet.

"Must be Ankur."

"Oh, " I say still battling with myself to find out more.

"Actually, they talked before the movie, too. I didn't hear a lot of the conversation. Must be about the biology project you guys got," he says and thinks a little," you both realise you're in the same biology class, right?"

That brings me back to the current moment, yes, yes I know, Arjun. But I highly doubt that your friend recognizes that fact. Saheema is stuck to him like a leech in most of those classes and well, when his right hand is on her thighs, I think he pretty much can't remember anything else.

Instead of spilling all my thoughts, I nod, "Yeah. Thank god, we aren't partners."

"Yeah, I know," he smiles knowingly, "lots of public display of affection."