02| Aashi

Chapter-2 (Edited)

Aashi, I've always been honest with you.

I love you, Aashi. I've always loved you.

Rohit's words echoed in the back of my mind. And he said that he had good intentions when he tore me apart.

"Really?"

"Uh. . .huh?"

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Hmm. . .yeah. What did Arjun say?"

"That we're official."

"Oh my god. That's good news, Rii."

"And you're coming with us. Okay? He invited you to the movies too."

"Why do I smell a setup? Scratch that. Is it a setup Rii?"

A short lull falls over the static. I can imagine her biting her lower lip in anticipation.

"Huh. . .maybe. We'll see," I add when she says no further.

"Not falling for it, Beyonce. You are coming with us."

"B...but?"

"No buts, okay? I'm seeing you ripe and fresh on Saturday. Because it's the weekend. Everyone hails to the weekend. Baby, it's the wee-eee-kend."

"Boy, you sound way too happy for my taste. It's the love drug," I say.

"Or it could be sex's drug. Sex is a drug. Hallelujah!"

"Omg Ria, what has Arjun done to you?"

She laughs a poignant laugh into the phone and pauses, "are you okay, Aashi? You've been awfully silent these past few days. Even, Arjun noticed it."

"He sat with us for just one freaking lunch. How does he know that I'm not just deaf or dumb?"

"Maybe because all those midnights he called me, we talked about you and Rohit instead of phone- sex."

I don't know whether to laugh or cringe. Are people still having it? Which millennia do they belong? 

So being the good friend I am, I cringe, "Ewww, Rii, too much information."

"So, are you coming with us?"

"Yeah. I think so, I have nothing to do, anyways. Other than killing myself with reruns of HIMYM which I've already seen a thousand times."

"Ehh, be ready by four. We'll pick you up. Wear something with your boobs spillin' out," she laughs.

"So, this is a setup? Haa?"

"Mami needs to get some action."

"Lol. See you."

"I'll see you, too. Roger that."

I put the phone off with a smile on my face. She definitely cheers me up. My best friend and her ever so crazy conversations.

                         ****

So many conflicting emotions run through me, as I contemplate on what to wear. What are my friends up to? Setting me up. With whom? Have I spoken to the guy? Or not.

My thoughts spiral around Rohit's last words, every alphabet being dissected throughout the neurons of my brain.

What did he mean by that?

Does he really love me? Or did he ever love me?

Am I something to just pass the lonely times with?