11

So we walked down into the garage with Jake's hands over my eyes.

"What is this all about?" I asked.

"You'll see," Jake said as we plopped down on the last step. "You'll see."

"Jake, you have five seconds to take your hands off my eyes before I break them." I put my hands on his hands.

He took them off. "Hold on, keep them closed!" I heard him rustle some stuff.

"If it's another iron man suit, I don't want it!" I warned him.

"It's not," Jake said and took my hand and led me over somewhere. "Okay, you can open now."

I opened my eyes.

On a table was a wooden picture frame with a picture of us after our first battle. I was kissing his cheek, Jake was blushing.

"Jake- did you make this?" I turned to him.

Jake blushed as he did in the picture. "Yeah, our anniversary is in a couple of days and my Mom and Dad are taking all of us to the beach, I wanted to give you it now. Wood isn't really my thing, it took a long time to make."

I felt myself blush. 

"Jake, you didn't have to do this," I said. "I totally forgot about our anniversary!"

Jake waved me off. "Nah, it's fine. You don't have to get me anything."

I walked up to him and hugged him. "Jake, you are the best boyfriend in the entire world, of course, I have to get you something!" I shouted.

Jake put his arm around me. 

"Thanks." He blushed and started walking up the stairs.

"So, what beach are you going to?" I leaned into his neck.

"Some beach in Florida," Jake said.

"Oh," I said. "Why don't you just go to a beach here?"

Jake sighed. "I don't know. Mom thinks they're too rocky or cold or polluted. Something like that. All I know is that Dad wants to stay home." He paused on the top step. "You're so beautiful when you're thinking."

I blushed. I was trying to think of a present to give Jake. "That isn't something I would hear from the son of Iron Man."

Jake opened his mouth to say something but JARVIS started talking.

"Calla Rogers, your Father is coming up in the elevator."

"Shit." I cursed. "He said he would be here in an hour."

"Hey, Calla." My Dad stepped out of the elevator. "Where's Stark?" He looked around.

Jake spoke up. "He's in his room, watching TV."

My Dad knit his eyebrows. "Oh, come on Calla. We can't leave Bucky alone. He didn't want to come after- never mind. Come on."

I wondered what that was all about but I kissed Jake goodbye and hung onto my picture frame as we rode down into the lobby.

My Dad finally noticed it when we got in the car. "What's that?"

I held it out proudly. "Jake made it."

He looked at the picture. "You guys were twelve in this picture. This was your first battle with the chatauri."

I smiled. "Yeah..."

My Dad started the car and handed me back my picture. "I want you to hit the bag today. I ordered six more."

I nodded. "I'll get right on that."