21

"Okay Calla, let me see your stitches." Doctor Erskine said.

I lifted up my loose tank top and he began unwrapping the bandages.

Once unwrapped he looked at them.

"Mr. Stark here has done a great job taking care of you." Doctor Erskine said. "The stitches look great and you are healing fast."

I nodded. "When will I be able to go back to school?" I was tired of being watched at home under Jake's careful eye.

"Maybe in two days when the stitches are out and when your fever goes away completely. Because you can't go to school with a fever you know." He chuckled. "Come back in tomorrow and I'll see if I can take them out."

"Thank you. I never thought in a million years that I would be stabbed." I nodded to Jake who picked me up and put me in my wheelchair.

"It can happen to anyone." Doctor Erskine said. "Especially who you are."

Jake smiled. "Thank you."

My Dad shook hands with him again and Jake started wheeling me out the door.

"Calla, you have the best doctor anyone can ask for," my dad said and opened the car door so that Jake could lift me in it.

"I know, if it wasn't for his family, I wouldn't be here," I said and buckled my seat belt.

"And Jake's family too," Dad said.

Jake blushed and then turned to me.

"Should we call them and give them an update?"

I shrugged. "Here use my phone."

"God Calla, you're really Instagram popular," Jake said and went into my contacts to call Scarlet. He put it on speaker phone.

"Calla? Guys shut up it's Calla!" We heard Scarlet yell.

"Hey Scarlet, are you guys out of school?" I ask.

"Yeah, we're walking home right now. How were the doctors?" she asks.

"Good, I have to go back in tomorrow, the stitches didn't come out," I said.

"Damn, I mean darn!" Scarlet said quickly. "Here, Eva wants to talk to you."

There was some rustling before Eva picked up.

"Hey, Calla! Please tell me you're not going to die."

"I'm not going to die. The stitches will come out in a couple of days," I say.

I heard Eva breath a sigh of relief.

"Good, Prim has been talking smack about you all day."

I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Like what? What is she saying?" I said.

"You really want to know? Take it off speaker." Eva said.

I did and held it up to my ear.