Chapter 5

I watched you as you left but I can never seem to let you go
'Cause once upon a time you were my everything
It's clear to see that time hasn't changed a thing
It's buried deep inside me but I feel there's something you should know
-Zara Larsson (with MNEK )

Chapter 5- Michael

I groaned and twisted to the right but my actions were prevented when I realised there was a figure lying next to me. I smiled when I saw there was a saliva at the conner of his lips. I chuckled and sat up. The clock on my bedside table shows 6 am. I decided to get up and get ready for my 'first' day of school. Sometimes you realise that school is quite fun when you were given a really long holiday. That's me. I really can get school sickness even though I was trouble.

I decided to use hot water today. When the steam has clouded the inside of the confined space surrounded by glass, I stepped inside. Most people like to sing inside the bathroom. Well, I'm part of the majority. Hehe...

"Shine bright like a diamond. So shine bright tonight. So alive. Umm.. what's the next verse?" I questioned.

I'm a very forgetful person. Sometimes I think I have the sickness old people usually have. I pity their children. Can you imagine how would I feel when Grace and Tommy forget my name or even who I was? I can't even imagine leaving for college next year. I remember Betty, my friend. She betrayed me and became Bethany's 'mannequins'. She's blinded by her prefect title, nice clothes, pretty face and good grades. But I knew her family wasn't perfect. They were once my neighbours and my God they will shout at each other almost anytime. I felt like a ghost back then. Once we bumped and she was shocked that I was her neighbour. I was back in peace when her parents divorced. She was absent for a whole month. Though she was happy outside I knew she was sad inside. Since then she bullied me.

Thinking of her parents made me sigh. What were my parents like? Were they nice to each other or they quarrel everyday? A tear fell when I realised that my parents were no longer alive. Grace only gave me a necklace which belonged to my mom and that necklace was my everything. I wore to almost everywhere. I never showed it to anyone. I touched the wet gold heart-shaped locket. I did know what's inside it because there's a specific key that will only fit inside the keyhole of the locket.

I was curious once and tried to pick it but I failed even though I've practiced for almost two years. It was official that I can't pick the lock.

I took the fluffy white towel that was hung in my bathroom and wrapped it around my body. The warmth calmed my thoughts down. I stepped out in my air-conditioned bedroom. I was surprised that Nathan was up and awake. I clutched my towel to my body and shivered.

"Close your eyes or I'm going to kill you," I threaten him.

He smirked and before I could blink he was in front of me. His breath was hot against my earlobe.

"Don't worry. I was planning to eat breakfast."

He headed towards the door and winked at me before getting out. His answer made me frustrated and angry. I quickly dress in my plaided skirt and white T-shirt. I wore my ankle socks and decided to take my bag and vest after breakfast. With my still wet hair I went downstairs and saw Cat at the table with all the others. They seemed like a happy family but not to me. They were annoying friends, except for Evans, sitting together waiting for the late 'princess'.

"Good morning, Your Highness. What can I serve you? Bacon, eggs or cereal?" Greeted Evans.

I smiled and took a seat beside Nathan who surprisingly was in his school uniform.