14. Bedfellows and BDSM

My bed feels so warm. I snuggle closer to the heat and it wraps itself around me. I press my face into my pillow, it smells so nice.

A high pitch squeal interrupts my snoozing. My pillow groans and I sit up to face Elise. When I open my eyes, she's staring at me in shock. "Make her go away," a deep voice says from next to me. This time it's my turn to squeal. Nate is still in my bed and he's made himself a lot more comfortable. He's removed his shirt and joined me under the covers. I'm tucked into his side, his arms around me and our legs entangled. I blush, I've never been so close to a man before. I remove his arm and shift away from him.

"Why are you still here?" I accuse.

"I told you, your bed is better than mine," he stays closing his eyes to go back to sleep.

I'm about to give Nate a piece of my mind but I notice Elise edging back out of the room. "Elise, Seashell. Tell no one," I say warning her of our deal. She nods before disappearing out the door.

"What is seashell?" he mumbles into the pillow.

"Shells from the sea," I deadpan. "You need to go."

"You're cranky in the morning." He opens his eyes to look at me. Damn, he looks even better disheveled and sleepy.

"For you, I'm always cranky." I find the journal still in the bed and smack him in the shoulder with it. "Leave. Now."

"I didn't take you for the BDSM type. I like it. Hit me again."

"Urgh! Fine, I'll go." I throw off the sheets and head towards my wardrobe.

"I like a good show," he says tucking both hands behind his head. The position makes his biceps bulge, it's distracting.

"What are you taking about?"

"Your nightgown is see-through." He smirks letting his eyes travel the length of me. I grab a dressing gown and wrap it around myself. "No fair," he whines like a child.

He finally gets out of bed and I'm treated to a view of his naked torso. Everything is sculpted in lean muscles and covered with touchable tan skin. My mouth goes dry and my heart beats faster. He bends and plucks his shirt from the floor making all his muscles shift in the most appealing way.

He shrugs his shirt back on and turns catching me staring. The loose white shirt hangs open revealing rows of abdominals leaning down to... oh god. He's um... excited. I blush and flick my eyes back up to his.

"What? I enjoyed your show." He doesn't look the least embarrassed and it makes my blush deepen. I need to take back control.

I walk over to him and trail a finger across the top of his pectoral, shifting his shirt slightly. I feel his muscles tense under my touch. "I enjoyed your show too," I whisper into his ear. I walk around him still trailing my finger around his bicep and across his shoulder blades. His breathing grows faster. I whisper in his other ear, "You're so gullible," before walking away laughing. Let's hope he believed the lie not the truth.

There is something that bothers me. Last night I was so caught up in everything that was happening I barely had any time to think. I am going to ascend and have the gift of Foresight. What does that mean for the rest of my dreams? Will they come true too, am I doing to be held in a cell then executed? It sent a shiver down my spine just thinking about those dreams. I need to be more careful.

I think about calling Kayden to come back so we can discuss it more but I don't want him to worry any more than he already does. Plus, if he tells father he would pull the plug on this whole thing right now.