Chapter 5: An Unexpected Visitor

**Dedicated to RandomFruitLoop for the amazing banner!**

**Time Lapse: 8 years**

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been eight years since I graduated from Stony High; five years since I'd graduated from the Art Institute of Atlanta. I'd been doing quite well for myself. I was working on a major upcoming short film called Finding My Way Back. It was about a young girl's husband that went missing on his tour of duty. She is destined to find him anyway she can, even if it means putting her life in danger.

A small, but successful film-making company had hired me a few months after I graduated with my video productions degree. They were all so very friendly here, I felt as if they were apart of my family.

"Mrs. Peters, there's someone here to see you," my assistant, Jennifer stuck her head in my office and told me. I took my coffee cup away from my lips and set it on my desk. 

"Thanks Jen. Send them in please?" I adjusted my glasses and licked my finger as I thumbed through a stack of papers that was sitting on my desk. Even though I wasn't a big movie producer, they still treated me with just as much respect, if not more, here. I received my very own office and an extremely nice assistant.

She smiled and nodded before whisking out of the room to fetch who ever was here to see me. As I looked towards the clock above my filing cabinet, I began to wonder who was here to see me without making an appointment. Usually the only people who showed up unannounced or uninvited were executives from film critic companies, snooping around to see if we really knew what we were doing.

I was working on part of a script for my production when a tall slender, yet curvaceous woman walked in my office. She had a blue hat on her head, partially covering her face.

"Yes, can I help yo-" I stopped when I saw her face. 

"Hello Alea," the woman said with a kind tone.

It was Bridget. I knew her face from anywhere. The one person  from high school I hadn't expected to ever see again. My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets as I stared at her as if she were an alien. She looked as if she had just come from church with her huge hat and obnoxious jewelry covering her wrists and neck. Her unfamiliar keen eyes bore holes into mine as she sat with her hands crossed in her lap across from me.

The same woman who had stolen the love of my life many years ago was now in the same room as me without attempting to kill me.

"Bridget..how are you?" I asked in the most controlled tone I could. The screams of the Devil's curses wanted to escape from my progressively angered mind.

"I'm fine," she replied, nodding her head. A few seconds of silence passed of us sitting awkwardly in front of each other with the same stupid grin spread across her face and a forced one on mine. I was beginning to wonder about her reasons for being here and if I should call the police or not.

"That's good. Is there something I could help you with?" I asked.

"I um.." She looked up at me nervously, then her eyes averted to the window near my bookshelf. I raised by eyebrow. "I need a favor, Alea." 

"Okay..what kind of favor?" I asked, putting my computer on Sleep mode. I could tell this was going to take a while.

"Well...I was wondering if you know, you had any spots in your movie..that I could fill?"