Chapter 13: The Test

**Dedicated to E2theM for the beautiful banner!!**

I opened my eyes slightly when I saw at least 10 people standing over me. My head felt like it had been hit by a monster truck.

"I don't know! She was just siting here and she passed out!" Someone said.

"Is she with anybody?" Another voice said.

"No one knows." The other voice said.

"Ma'am are you OK?" What seemed to be a paramedic said.

I groaned and tried to nod.

"Let's get her up." Two people grabbed my arm and struggled to lift me up.

I felt so dizzy someone had to catch me before I fell again.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" The paramedic held up what looked like 3 fingers.

I weakly said "Three."

"OK, did you come here with anyone?"

I shook my head. I felt nauseous again.

"Are you OK? Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I don't think so." I seemed to be gaining back my full consciousness.

"Do you need me to call anyone? A spouse, mother, daughter, son?"

I shook my head. "No, thank you."

My vision seemed to be clearer and I saw everyone in the place was looking at me. Great.

"OK, do you need a ride home?" What am I? 6 years old?

"No, I can drive. Thank you though."

The paramedics looked at each other and shrugged. "OK. Be careful, OK? You could have seriously damaged your head."

I'm sorry. I can't exactly control where my head wants to land when I find out that my boyfriend dated a whore.

"Thank you."

After they left, I searched frantically for my phone. I found it near the window with the battery out.

I sighed and put it back in. My head continued to throb.

When I turned it on, I discovered 6 voice mails from guess who? Sean. I could kill him and Bridget. It was 10:56. This had to be one of the worst days ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent the next few hours sitting in my Church. It was the only place I could go where I could clear my mind. My mother was buried in the cemetery behind the Church.

"Alea?"

I turned around to see Pastor Jenkins walking in. I had known him for quite a while now, ever since I started high school.

"Good morning Pastor Jenkins. How are you?" I got up.

"I'm doing well. Blessed to wake up this morning." He said in a humble tone. "How are you dear?"

"Well you know, I could be better."

"Hm. Come, sit." He sat down on the front pew. I sat next to him.

"Now, tell me what is on your mind."

If only he knew.. "It's a lot, Pastor Jenkins. It would take me literally years to explain." I sighed.