Chapter 22: Help From Sean

"Alea!!!"

I opened one of my eyes when I heard someone screaming. It became silent again so I closed it.

"Alea!!!!!"

This time I opened both of my eyes. "What!!!"

Sean came storming in my room. "How could you not tell me?"

I rubbed my eyes. "Sean, I have no clue what you're talking about. Tell you what?"

"You're pregnant!!!"

Oh Lord..

"Who..who told you that?"

"Does it matter?? Anyone other than you is not who it should have been!"

"Could you quit yelling at me please?"

"No! Why didn't you tell me!"

"Sean, stop! I was going to tell you today! I just found out yesterday!"

"You could have told me on the phone last night!"

"Really Sean?? Really? You want to hear something like that over the phone?"

"It's better than not hearing it at all, Alea."

"I swear I was going to tell you today."

He sighed. "Well is it mine?"

I frowned in disgust. "Is it yours?? Who else would it be, Sean?"

"Alea, stop that. I'm just asking."

"If you think it's anyone other than you, maybe it should be someone else's."

"Alea, I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry." He came and sat next to me.

A tear strolled down my face. "I need you the most right now Sean. The fact that you would question your child really hurts."

He pulled me to him and held me. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking. I was just angry. I'm sorry."

"Alea, I-" Ryan stopped when he saw us. "Nevermind."

"Ryan, come back. What do you need dear?" I called.

"Nothing!" I heard him going back up the steps.

I looked up at Sean. He shrugged. "What am I going to do Sean? I can't let them live with Tyler any longer."

"How is Bridget doing?"

I shook my head. "Not so good."

"What happened?"

"Sean, she tried to kill herself this morning." I said quietly.

He sighed and put his head in his hand. "That's terrible..she need to get help Alea. With those kid around, she won't be able to."

"I know..but I just don't think an orphanage is where they need to be."

"The only other choice is Tyler. Or Carson."

"I haven't heard from Carson in a few days. I have no clue where he is, Sean."

"That's a tough situation."

"I know."

"Was she successful in her attempt to..you know.."

"I'm not sure. We left after this snobby social worker came and threatened to take the kids away from me."

"Really? What did she say?"

"She's all like It's against the law to keep them and blah, blah, blah." I sighed. "I don't know what to do, Sean."