His Mate.... Twenty-two

Dean held Adriannah’s hand, while he lay next to her. Tears escaped his eyes as he played with the ring on her finger. She was in and out of consciousness, waiting for last. However, Bridge brought in a dialysis machine to clean her blood, which helped a little.

“Dean….” He heard Adriannah’s mother call from the room door. He looked up at her then back at Adriannah. “Dean you can’t stick in here forever.”

“I am not leaving her side, Sasha.” He held her hand tighter.

“But she is leaving you, dear. I know she is your mate and the pain must be horrible.” Sasha tried to hide the pain in her own voice. “At the same time I have to realize I am permanently going to lose my daughter for the second time.”

“Mom, please don’t cry.” Adriannah’s hoarse and weak voice jumped in. “It’s not the first time I was poisoned with batrachotoxin, when I was fourteen, Andrew had to put me in a tub full of hot water and then slice my wrist and forearms open, so the bad blood would escape. After that, I would have to drink human blood. But I was never….” Before she could finish her sentence, she was unconscious.

Dean sat up, looking at Sasha, who shook her head. “If she does that her wolf side will die for sure. But then if it’s to at least to keep her alive I am willing to do that.”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

When Adriannah gained consciousness again, Dean told her what he was going to do. With a weak nod, she agreed.

“We need blood bags full of human blood.” Dean told Cole over the phone as he took Adriannah in his arms.

“Give me about fifteen minutes and I will be there.”

Dean hanged up and headed to Adriannah’s huge master bedroom bathroom, where Sasha waited.

“Set her in this chair so I can cut all the dead hair off. Keep her up.” Sasha grabbed the scissors.

“Mom, make it pixie. That’s what Andrew did, so new hair can grow.” Adriannah leaned against the chair. When she was done with her haircut, Cole was back and he took the liberty of putting the cuts in her wrist and forearms. Dean carefully put her in the hot water and made sure she did not slip under the water.

A couple of minutes passed, as the whole tub was a mixture of blood and water. Dean was anxious that Adriannah would bleed out and pass away. Moments later, he heard a sharp intake of breath and Adriannah opened her eyes. Dean and Cole stepped back away from the tub, when they saw no iris or pupil, her eyes were just white.  Adriannah hissed and growled.

Cole grabbed a bag of blood, forced it into her hand, and lifted it to her lips. She began drink it like she was dehydrated, blood escaped from her lips as she drank them dry. Her pale skin was getting its original color back, after she was full of blood. Adriannah closed her eyes then reopened them to reveal her dark ember wolf eyes.

She took an uneasy deep breath and closed back her eyes. To Dean she looked different not because of her short pixie haircut but her face was thinner and her ears were pointed.

“Her pulse has steadied, she is getting stronger. I think we should have Bridge check her health.” Cole lifted her body out of the tub and turned to Dean.

“I will go get him.”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“Happy birthday to Adriannah, happy birthday to you.” The crowd of vampires sang as Adriannah blew out all thirteen candles on her huge cake. She was surrounded by family, friends and the vamp Elders of England. The Embassy’s huge ballroom was decorated beautiful as everyone chatted and laughed among themselves.