A Freak Once Again: X-Men fanfiction

This is an X-Men fanfiction taking place several years after the movie "The Last Stand" I love to write fanfictions, so I hope you like reading them! By the way, I do NOT own X-Men or the characters depicted in this story with the exception of a few extra characters.  Rating is for later chapters. Cover photo found on Deviantart from the user: Ruhigeiebe

_____________________________________________________________________

“Rogue?” A familiar voice sounded behind her. Rogue whipped around, the few bags she held rattled as she moved. It took a moment for her to pick out the source of the voice through the bustling of people throughout the parking lot.

                “Logan? Bobby?” She squinted her eyes, unable to believe what she was seeing.

                “Rogue!” Bobby practically tackled her. She was careful to keep her face from touching his.        

                 “Oh my God, I didn’t recognize you,” she breathed, stepping back to look again. His face had matured; all traces of boyhood had melted away into strong masculine features. His hair was slightly longer but still spiked upward. The only thing about him that had most definitely not changed was his blue eyes. However, it was not Bobby that she was focusing on; it was the man behind him. Logan hadn’t changed a bit, though that wasn’t a surprise. However, that didn’t stop the shock from tingling through her. She hadn’t seen him in years and even through older eyes he was still handsome.

                “Hey kid,” he nodded happily, chewing on the end of his cigar.

                “Kid,” She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms. It had been nearly seven years since she had left the mansion. She was no longer a kid, far from it. Her body had taken on womanly curves and she had grown her hair out quite long. Her face had kept its softness but had also matured. She knew from Bobby’s approving stare that she did not look like a kid anymore, though she had a feeling that small fact wouldn’t keep him from using her nickname.

“You still look like a kid to me,” he teased. He pulled her into a hug. Unlike Bobby, Logan liked to hug her closer to her waist, making it more intimate. That type of embrace used to feel purely friendly and almost fatherly, but in that case, it caused her face to fill with blood. Rogue flinched as his bare arms brushed against hers. Why hadn’t she decided to wear her longer gloves? She quickly pushed him back before her powers could take effect.

“Something wrong?” His brow furrowed in confusion and worry.

“Not exactly,” she shifted her weight. It took Logan a moment before he realized that her hands were hidden by black silk gloves and a black scarf had been tied around her neck even though it was nearly eighty degrees.

“How?” The meaning behind that one word was apparent in his tone.

“Turns out the cure isn’t permanent,” she shrugged.

“But there are still mutants all over without powers,” he pointed out.

“I did some research and I guess it has a different effect on everyone. For most it takes at least three years for it to wear off, it only took a year for me. Besides, there are still those desperate enough to purchase multiple injections of the cure. I almost bought some,”