A Freak Once Again: Chapter 4

“So, you didn’t tell me about your rather attractive friends,” Nina, or Harpy as Rogue had begun to call her, elbowed her playfully as they scoured the Salt Lake City airport for the bathroom.

                “Yeah Bobby is cute but he is like almost seven years younger than you,” Rogue winced, knowing that Bobby wasn’t the one she was talking about.

                “That’s not that big of a difference,” she rolled her eyes, “But I wasn’t really referring to him. You didn’t tell me about how much of a hunk Logan is!”

                “I don’t think he is really your type,”

                “Yeah I know, I normally go for the clean, rich, prince charming types, but I think I could make an exception for him. I mean that body alone…” She trailed off dreamily. Rogue really wanted to slap her, strangle her, something! However she knew better. After all, it wasn’t like she could claim Logan as her own, he didn’t belong to her and if Harpy wanted him and he wanted her, well who was she to stop them? Besides, Harpy was he friend, she should be supportive.

                “I found the bathroom,” Rogue muttered.

                “Thank god, I want to change into something less skanky,” she chuckled. Of course, when she meant “less skanky,” she meant that she was going to change into something that showed less skin but had the same effect. Just as Rogue had expected Harpy emerged from one of the bathroom stalls wearing a light white shirt that hung off one shoulder and skinny jeans that hugged her legs so tight that she couldn’t help but wonder how her friend was supposed to move in them. Rogue went into a stall, encouraging Harpy to go on without her. She would catch up.

                Finally alone, Rogue slipped off her gloves and buried her face in her hands. Since she couldn’t touch anyone else she found comfort in feeling her own skin. It reminded her that she was still human. Going a long time without actual human contact always left her feeling hollow and she felt as though she was a totally different species. Her fingers traced the features on her face, moving them over the delicate soft skin of her eyelids, the rounded tip of her nose, and finally her lips. She followed the curve of her cupid’s bow and then stopped at the corner of her mouth. She wished it was Logan’s hands touching her face, touching her lips. She wanted to kiss him so badly on the plane, especially when he started having nightmares. She probably wouldn’t even mind the whole situation if it wasn’t for the fact that Harpy was there, teasing him with her beautiful curves and silky smooth skin…

                Suddenly, her phone buzzed, breaking her away from her thoughts and fantasies. The touch screen on the face of her phone blinked a few times, alerting her that there was an unread text message in her inbox. She didn’t recognize the number but decided to check it out anyway.

                Hey kid, we are all wondering where you are. You okay?

                She immediately knew who it was. How did he get her number? Oh, duh, Harpy. She let out a long sigh. If it wasn’t for the fact that she was a little worried about having Logan and Harpy together without her made her blood boil she would have ignored them and gone back to her musings.