Act 2; Scene 3

Dear Iwaizumi,

Yesterday, the captain saw me writing letters to you. He asked me who you were, and I told him about you and Seijoh. Then, I told him how you left for tokyo. He nods as I talked, then he told me to give up on you.

When we were younger, we made a promise, remember? I will never give up on you, iwa-chan. Even if you went abroad.

Yesterday, I saw on television that a typhoon hit Tokyo.

Are you okay? Please take care of yourself.

One of the girls in University confessed to me today after practice. I rejected her.

It's weird to say this over a letter, but

I love you, Iwa-chan.

I'm not even kidding. I love you. Not as a friend, but as someone whom I will spend the rest of my life with.

Please, at least say something?

I left my mobile number and email address at the back.

Love,

Oikawa tooru.

________________

"Still writing, eh?"

You turn, eyes darting from the closed envelope in front of you.

"... Hanada-senpai!"

Dark eyes stare back at you. On his face hung a smile.

"You're never going to give up, are you?"
He said with a small chuckle.

"No, senpai!" You stand still, not sure of what to expect.

He stayed silent for a moment. Then, his smile widened.

"Keep writing, then! He must be pretty important for you to be so persistent. I'm heading back first. See you!"

He turned with his bag in hand, and with a small wave, left the room.

At the exit, he mouths the words

"stay strong." 

smiles, then leaves.

You smile back.

Gathering up the papers on the bench, you dart a glance at the window.

The metallic smell of rain fills up the room. A dark cloud hung low outside.

It's raining again...

Rain was not uncommon in the autumn. The air starts to get chilly, too. You used to play in the yard with Iwaizumi in the autumn. With scarves wrapped around your neck, cheeks tinted a rosy red and the sound of lighthearted, joyful laughs. Playing in the heaps of leaves seemed like a thing of the past.

Stepping outside, the cold air greets you with an icy blade hitting against your face. You pull your scarf higher up.

It's raining again.