Chapter 8. ; "Who's Niall?"

Sorry if it's a little short but double update today woo :) In the side there's a cute picture of Phoebe (Asheley Benson) and Harry , cuties.

-Emilyx

________________

It has been a tough couple of days but the day is finally here, the doctors will be trying to wake up Alex. I can't wait to talk to her again, maybe even hear he cute little laugh if she's strong enough. Most importantly though, If this works we know that she is on the road to recovery and is improving in condition. 

Myself, Phoebe, Harry and David (Alex's Dad) haven't slept all night in anticipation for today. The doctor walks into the room.

"How are you guys doing today? You ready to wake her up?" 

I feel my heart rate quickening as the doctor plays around with the machine for a bit. These last few days have been hell watching her just lying there, not being able to communicate. I've been feeling a sense of guilt for the accident but the doctors as well as Phoebe and Harry assured me that I could have done nothing to stop it. If they would of left the car park before us, it could of just as easily been them.

"Ok, she should be responding in about an hour, call me if there is any complications, i'll come back in about 2 hours to see how she is getting on". He walks out of the room and we all sit in silence waiting.

Phoebe must have noticed a movement in her hand because she reached forward and touched it.

"Hey Alex, its Phoebes, can you hear me?"

It takes a few minutes but slowly and surely Alex opens her eyes. God, it's nice seeing those beautiful green eyes again. 

"Hey Phoebes, What happened? Why am I in a hospital?"

We all just look at each other wondering what to say, I guess with the hit of the head she forgot about the accident.

"It's alright Alex, you were in a car accident with Niall. But he's fine and it looks like you're recovering too."

"Who's Niall?" The words hit me like a brick in the face. How can she not know who I am?

"He's your boyfriend Alex..." Phoebe whispers.

Alex chuckles, "Good joke, now who are these two boys in here. Hi guys, I'm Alex it's nice to meet you. Sorry you have to meet me like this, you're going to have to explain this all to me later cause as you can see I'm a little messed up." 

I stand up and walk out of the room. What the hell?

"Excuse me doctor, I think there's a problem. Alex doesn't seem to remember who I am or my friend Harry. She's fine apart from that though"

"Could you please get everyone out of the room and we will do some checks"

I nod and walk back over to her room. 

"Guys, the doctor says we need to get out while he does some checks on Alex and her memory loss or something"

I hear her aggressive tone speak in the background, "Who do you think you are commenting on me like I'm some mental person. My memory is fine, I know Phoebe and my dad and now I know her new Boyfriend. You don't even know me, get out." She's certainly aggressive on pills but that blow of words hit me just as hard as the first lot did.

They all stand up and join me outside in the waiting room.

Around 2 hours later the doctor comes over to talk to us. 

"Sorry for the wait, We've done a few head scans and tests on Alex and we've found that she had lost all memory from the last 6 months. Seeing as you recently met her along with Harry, she will have no recollection of what you've been through or who you are. Her current mind set is that she just got into university with Phoebe and they will be starting next month. We will just have to wait it out and see if she gains her memory, but If not I'm afraid you will have to start fresh, maybe take her back to some places where you shared times together, it might help trigger something?"

"Thanks Doctor" Harry replies and sits back down with Phoebe.

"What are we going to do guys?" Phoebe asks.

"There's nothing much we can do. Harry and Niall you are just going to have to start fresh with her. Act like nothing has happened so back at university act like you've just met. When you're all friends take her to places to had memories with her or something and hopefully that will work"

I run my fingers through my hair in frustration. This cannot be happening, I've lost her. Not physically but mentally. I guess we will just have to start fresh and hopefully she will fall for me just like she did before.

Alex's POV.

I've woken up in this hospital bed, no idea why but Phoebe is here along with my dad and two other guys that look around our age. I talk to Phoebe but the blonde guy walks out just as I introduce my self, god he's rude. 

He comes back and takes them away, but shortly after the doctor comes in. He takes me into a room with lots of machines and nurses and they take scans of my brain and stuff. People are going on about my memory loss but I don't see what they mean, I feel completely normal apart from the cuts and bruises around my body.

Finally, Phoebe walks back into the room but she is not followed by my dad, her new boyfriend, Harry or the rude blonde guy. 

"Hey Alex, How are you feeling?"

"Completely normal, apart from the fact people are treating me like I'm mental"

"Okay, you have to hear me out. The blonde guy in here, that's Niall, he's your boyfriend. A couple days ago, on Christmas we all went ice skating and you went home in the car with Niall. You guys got into a big car crash with some lorry and you've been out for days. But you've lost at least 6 months of memory. So right now, you've completed a term of university. I know you don't remember but you have and we're going to try and help to remember ok? I'm sorry if this is a lot to take in but I'm here for you and so is Niall, Harry and your dad"

I nod slowly trying to take it all in. Surely this can't be happening. It's true though I have no memory of this term I apparently have had at university or this apparent boyfriend of mine. I look down to my wrist and I'm still wearing my bracelet. As I twirl it around I notice an extra charm on it, it's a four leaf clover.

"Hey pheebs, where's this charm from? I must have gotten it in the last 6 months because I don't remember it"

She smiles down at it, "Oh, that's Niall's Christmas present to you, he calls himself your lucky charm because he was there when you did your first ever public performance, you were amazing by the way. I have it on video, so maybe that will help spring back some memories"

I sigh. This is going to be hard. So many memories lost that I need to catch up on, however one thing is really bugging me, who is this Niall guy, and if he was so significant, why don't I remember him.