Soundwave

(A/N: Cape Magician: Tegan is going blind, but is not yet. Just imagine a kid that REALLY needs glasses. Thanks again to you all! 3)

Soundwave stood a ways from the boy's home... the boy that hadn't seemed... normal. That is, in human standards.

The large silent mech had watched the young boy sit at his computer and start searching for information on Cybertronians. Although he didn't know what they were called.

Soundwave assumed that the boy wasn't really sure of what he had seen, but the navy mech knew that the Autobots would get involved with the boy. They always did.

Watching silently, Soundwave went through his databanks searching for information on earth's social websites. He found nothing, so expanded to official documentations, finding a birth certificate and home address.

The home address was under the name of Cellia Crodly, who was eighty years old in earth standards, and the grandmother of the boy. The mother, Julia, had offlined in an accident several years ago, the father was unknown.

Soundwave felt a slight sense of surprise when he found the boy's name. Orion Tegan Crodly. Orion was the original name of the Prime, and he found it curious that a human boy would bear the same name as an alien life form from another planet.

Turning his attention back to the boy, the tall mech watched as the child moved to his desk, feeling around for something. He felt pity. He had found medical records, and now knew that the boy was deaf, mute and nearly blind. It... Tegan would become permanently blind if he didn't get eyewear, which his grandmother couldn't afford.

The boy was similar to himself, Soundwave realized, saddened as memories of his past assaulted him. Of his mute, deaf and blind self being abandoned, then sold into slavery. The pain and bullying, the fear. But then, the memory of him constructing his visor came to him. That had changed his life for the better.

Having an idea, Soundwave tapped into the home's WiFi and began to put a plan into action.

Tegan felt for the pad and pencil he had left on his desk the other day, and accidentally knocked the pen down the back of it.

Sighing in frustration and annoyance, Tegan got onto his hands and knees, searching for it when a bright light flashed from his computer, startling him to the point where he jerked upwards and hit his head on the desk.

Ow! Tegan growled inwardly, rubbing the spot as he looked towards it. He had put together the console himself, and had made it so that, whenever a message or notification came in for him, it would flash bright, different coloured lights to get his attention. It flashed again now, red.

Getting slowly to his feet, Tegan made his way over to the screen, coming in close until he could read the words: You've been hacked.

WHAT?! Tegan's mind screeched. This is the strongest firewall I have!.. Had. He thought as he watched in a mixture of awe and shock as the screen changed to a blank white, a small text box at the bottom.

Hello, Tegan.

Tegan's heart choked him as he stared at the words, fear filling him as he watched more words appear.

I am Soundwave.

Swallowing hard, Tegan placed his hands on the keyboard, and, having memorized where each key was, and began typing an answer. Who is this?