Human Interference & Unwanted Changes

((Aaaaaaand we got another chapter! I'd say about five more tops before I draw this to an end. :) Also, there will be TWO endings for this story. XD The "Happy" and the "Sad/Bittersweet." ^^))

---------------

"So the boy harbors attraction for the human girl."

Megatron's voice resonated slightly within the empty throne room, the massive war frame reclining in his throne as he studied his TIC, the tall mech standing before him, stance relaxed but at attention as he informed his leader of Tegan's infatuation with Miko.

"This is... Unexpected." Megatron's engine rumbled softly as he sat, chin in his servo, red optics smoldering and thoughtful as the warlord mulled over what he had just been informed of. "Unexpected indeed... Soundwave."

At the sound of his designation, Soundwave straightened up a little more and looked upon his leader attentively, waiting for what orders would be passed that he would have to follow... Had he not reported this to Megatron, the warlord wouldn't have been kind with Tegan had it been discovered by him, or shared by one of his other officers. As it was, it was being revealed by Soundwave, his most trusted lieutenant, so he was likely to be more gentle... So to speak.

"Tegan's cybertronian form is completed. I want you to transfer the boy's core being to his new frame and destroy the human body." The warlord ordered, not noticing the shock that passed through Soundwave's frame, and the way he tensed up, Megatron standing from where he sat, looking down on the tall, purple mech. "I have informed Shockwave to prepare for the procedure. Deliver the boy to him."

Soundwave hesitated before dipping his helm in reverence. "Soundwave: Will do as Lord Megatron has asked." He responded in his usual monotone before he turned and left the room silently, spark heavy as he considered his options and the outcome of either obeying or disobeying Megatron... Either one was less than satisfactory, but, for now, he must obey his lord. If he didn't, Megatron would take over Tegan, or hand his care over to Starscream.

Venting, Soundwave went off to retrieve the human youth.

\*/\*/\*/\

Tegan hadn't left his room ever since the incident last night, partly out of fear of hurting someone else, and partly out of the second fear of running into an Autobot... Both he could live without, so he remained in his room attempting to calm himself, researching techno organics in search of anything that could maybe explain a cure for his changing. He had loved Miko, of that he was sure, but he was also sure that she now hated him more than anything else if she wasn't already dead. He shuddered at the thought.

Hearing a knock on the door followed by his grandmother's voice as she began to speak with someone whose voice was unfamiliar, Tegan stilled and listened as best he could... Something strange was going on, there was no doubt about it.

Standing up from his work and closing down his computer, Tegan made his way out of his room and to the top of the stairs, listening.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm under orders to arrest the boy." A voice came up to the eaves dropper, Tegan almost snorting in amusement. He'd like to see them try!

"But Tegan is a good boy!" His grandmother's voice drifted up to him now. "He's just a little troubled! There's no way he could've done what you say he has!" Mary denied the unknown man as Tegan listened, marvelling at the way his grandmother was defending him, feeling another pang of guilt for having hurt her the night before.

"I'm sorry Miss, but my hands are tied. Where is the boy?"

Tegan didn't wait to hear whatever else would be said, turning and sneaking back up to his room, barricading the door and climbing out the window to scoot his way down the roof, grabbing onto the edge and dangling... His eyes locked with Agent Fowler's, the African-American pausing before turning to two soldiers standing beside him, the two looking up and then making their way out the door as Tegan dropped to the ground and took off running, the two other men in pursuit.