A New Plan

(A/N: Yami-The Lord of Darkness: it's not the optic colour that is changing Tegan's personality, it's the fact that he is a Decepticon. While Soundwave did surgery, he knew that if he cyberformed Tegan and he was part Decepticon, then the Cyberforming would draw out his Decepticon traits. So traits like violence, aggression, cruelness, etc would be heightened while Autobot traits such as honesty, honour, compassion, etc would be dulled.)

Tegan sat in his room, hands trembling as he looked at them, the one still covered in dry blood. Tears stung his eyes as he stared down at them, dry sobs racking his body as he tried to figure out what had happened to make him react in such a violent way.

"H-How?" He asked himself aloud as he turned his hands every which way, staring at them from every angle."Wh-why?" He whispered as tears streamed down his face.

Standing, Tegan went to his computer, sitting down and opening the file on Techno-Organics that Soundwave had given him. He skimmed some of it before quickly searching through the part on Cyberforming a Techno-Organic.

Finding it, Tegan read it carefully:

In the sense that a Techno-Organic is cyberformed, one must always be careful if the heritage of this being is unknown. In the sense that a Techno-Organic's Cybertronian creator is a Decepticon, the being's Decepticon traits, such as violence, aggression, cruelty, insolence, ect, would be gravely heightened while his Autobot traits, found in each sentient being, such as honesty, honour, compassion, gentleness, will be greatly lessened until they are nearly non-existent. So, we should always seek out the heritage of a Techno-Organic before doing any type of Cyberforming... Otherwise, we could have a strong new Decepticon on our hands.

-Alpha Trion

Tegan couldn't believe it. He ran over to the mirror in his room, taking off the darkened sunglasses to look at his red optics... His father was a Decepticon. That's why Soundwave had been so bothered by his optics after the surgery!

Shaking his head slowly, Tegan began to panick. He couldn't tell Soundwave what had happened... Because then the silent con might un-Cyberform him! Then he'd be back to being the deaf, mute and nearly blind weakling that he had always been!

Determination set into the young boy's heart as he went back to the computer. He looked at the designation of the Cybertronian that had written this section... Alpha Trion. He quickly looked through the information until he found a biography of the Cybertronian.

Reading a little, Tegan relaxed. Alpha Trion was an autobot, and, therefore, wasn't to be trusted. He was most likely just trying to discourage the cyberfom-healing of people like him!

Tegan felt a coolness settle around his heart now and laughed softly, shaking his head as he went to his bed.

-Autobot Base-

"And then Tegan just decked Vince!" Rafael cried as he looked up at the Autobots.

"He did more than that!" Miko exclaimed. "He punched him and brought his elbow down on his back and, and, it was all just so fast!" She cried, looking excited.

Optimus looked concerned as he stood listening to their tales of what had occured between the mysterious youth and the bullies. "I find it extremely curious that Tegan can go from such a passive, calm and shy personality to one so aggressive and violent." He stated slowly.

"Well, from what I heard, the kid was great!" Bulkhead answered. "Vince is a jerk!"

The Prime looked at the green wrecker, silencing him. "Ratchet. Can you find anything about Tegan?" He asked the orange and white medic, who was at the consoles with Raf.

Rafael looked up. "We're having some trouble." He answered. "Tegan has absolutely zero social media accounts, and finding a birth certificate of a Tegan Crodly is difficult." He added.

"Unless..." All of the assembled Autobots looked at Jack, who looked as if he was thinking intently. "Unless Tegan isn't his real name!" He cried, looking up at him.

"What do you mean, Jack?" Arcee asked now, looking at him in interest.

Jack looked at them. "Some people go by their middle names." He stated. "I know that the Irish do this for a fact... Maybe Tegan does too!"

Optimus turned his helm and looked at Raf. The child prodigee looked up at him and nodded. "On it." He said, typing furiously at his key board.

"Do you think the Decepticons know about him?" Bulkhead asked, looking at Optimus, who was silent before answering. "Bulkhead, I find it a grave possibility." He said, looking around the group. "And I find myself in more need of Agent Fowler than most other times."

"Why?" Arcee asked, servo on her hip plates as she looked up at him. "The kid might just have taken human combat courses." She stated. "And has too calm of a demeanor to use it until he snapped.''

The Prime looked down at the small femme bot. "Arcee. I would not dismiss this so quickly." He told her calmly. "The switch in personality is too quick and drastic for us to just forget about it." He added, looking around the team. "And we have had problems with him before."

Miko listened to what they were saying. "How about I try again?" She asked them, causing all of them to turn towards her, looking at her silently. "I'm a girl." Miko stated with a smile. "Tegan is a boy. I'm sure he wouldn't hurt me, and I can try to get really close to him... See what I can find out."

"It is far too dangerous." Optimus responded, Jack jumping in. "Yeah! Look at what he just did to Vince! He broke his nose and cracked his shoulder bone!"

Crossing her arms, Miko glared at them. "Come on! Rafael is a hacker and always helps Ratchet! Jack got to go to Cybertron! I never get to help you guys!" She huffed, glaring up at all of them. "If this is the way I can help, then I want to!"

Silence fell for a long time as the Prime thought about what she had said. They had no other way until they got in contact with Agent Fowler. Finally, Optimus nodded. "We will attempt it-"

"YES!" Miko squealed loudly with delight.

Optimus raised an optical ridge at her before continuing. "But if we at all feel like there is any danger to you, we will end contact with Tegan until Agent Fowler comes back into contact." He said.

The group around him nodded at that as Optimus continued. "As it is, we will remain under covert surveillance as you interact with Tegan.

"Try to get him to come here... Once he trusts you enough." Ratchet told her as he continued researching.

"Guys...?" Rafael's voice broke the silence.

Every head turned towards Raf now as he stared at his screen, then looked up at the Autobots surrounding him. "Tegan's first name is Orion."