The Fear, Power, Feels So Good

Tegan got up the next morning, no longer feeling any kind of guilt or regret for what he had done to Vince earlier... The bully had had it coming for a long time, and should've been more careful who he had picked on.

Going into the closet, Tegan pulled out a cube of energon from the stash that Soundwave had given him, shoving it into his backpack.

Skipping down the steps two at a time, Tegan landed at the ground floor and headed for the door before he heard his grandmother call for him. "Tegan!"

Groaning in annoyance, Tegan slammed the door shut before going into the kitchen, freezing when he saw his grandmother sitting and talking to Miko...

Tegan stopped in the doorway, staring at her in disbelief, as his grandmother realized he was there and smiled at him. "Tegan! I've just met your friend, Miko." She smiled at the Japanese girl who smiled back.

"Uh, yeah." Tegan answered, glaring at Miko once his grandmother wasn't watching.

"Hey, Teeg!" Miko grinned at him excitedly. "I thought we'd walk to school together?" She smiled brightly... Too brightly.

Tegan looked at her in disbelief. Normally, something like this would've excited him, but right now, all he could feel was irritation. "Why?" He asked.

"Don't be rude, Tegan!" His grandmother scolded as she stood up and came to give him a hug, Tegan forcing himself to remain still as she did so. "Have fun at school." She smiled at them and glanced at the clock. "You two will be late if you don't hurry!"

Tegan nodded and glared at Miko again, stalking for the front door, the Japanese girl following closely behind him.

Once out the door, Tegan slammed it behind them and glared at her. "What was that all about?" He hissed at her softly, glaring. "You're no friend of mine!"

Miko smiled at him. "I've tried the normal way, Teeg." She grinned, leaning uncomfortably close to him. "It didn't work, so I decided that I'd have to just come here!"

Shaking his head, Tegan began to walk. "I don't need a friend." He snapped back at her in annoyance. "Never had, never will."

Skipping next to him, Miko laughed. "Everyone needs a friend, Tegan." She answered. "Humans are social creatures!" She grinned. "Hey, do you like SmashMonkey?!"

Looking at her, Tegan shrugged. "Never heard of them." He answered, feeling slightly normal now. He wasn't aware of the fact that there would be times where he would have normal feelings, but then there would be another decline where he would become aggressive and violent.

"Really?!" Miko asked in her loud tone. "I'll have to show you them sometime!" She added with a wide grin. "So. How good are you at history?" She asked.

"I'm good." Tegan answered, not telling her that he was good at everything.

Miko looked up at him. "Can you help me with my history tonight?" She asked him, causing him to look into her brown eyes and raise an eyebrow. "Maybe." He answered.

"What's with the glasses, dude?" Miko asked him curiously. "You never used to where them!"

Tegan shrugged, annoyed... Slightly. "I like them." He answered as they reached the school and walked in together.

The second Tegan entered the school, there was this air of fear... Students scrambled out of his way and fell silent when he passed. He had a clear path to his locker.

Sensing the atmosphere in the school, Tegan smirked slightly. The fear, the power, felt so good to him... Like he was in complete and utter control for once in his life.

Tegan breathed deeply and opened his locker, a couple of the popular girls at the end of the hall all smiled and waved at him, but he ignored them.

Miko opened her locker which was next to his. "You're getting the eyes, dude." She said smugly and mischievously.

"Yeah... I noticed." Tegan responded, casting a sideways glance at her. "Aren't you supposed to be with Jack and Rafael?" He asked, attempting to get rid of her.

Laughing loudly, Miko smirked at him. "I don't spend all my time with them... Besides! I want to become your friend." She answered, smiling at him.

Tegan's optics narrowed from behind his shaded glasses. 'Are you trying to deceive me?' He thought inwardly as he looked at her. "Why?" He asked her.

Miko shrugged. "When you first came here, Tegan, I could tell you were lonely." She said, looking up at him. "I wanted to be your friend then, but you wouldn't let me near you." She said honestly, smiling slightly. "So then I took things into my own hands." She added.

Shaking his head, Tegan sighed. "I don't need a friend." He answered, but Miko was already walking away. "See you tonight!"

Staring after the Japanese girl as she disappeared down the hall, Tegan shook his head. He liked that she wanted to be friends with him, but didn't trust her. She was in with the Autobots and might just be trying to deceive him.

Slamming his locker shut, Tegan began to make his way towards his math class when he received a comm from Soundwave... 'Wait... I have a comm. link?' He thought before taking it.

"Orion... Must meet." A recording told him.

"What? Why?" Tegan asked him, stopping in the middle of the classroom, feeling himself go cold at the next thing Soundwave said.

"Megatron... orders."