Ending #1 - Bittersweet

Tegan could only watch as the warlord swiped at Wheeljack, clawed digits grazing his grandmother where she stood in the wrecker's servo, sending her flying as the white, red and green mech attempted to catch her.

Only able to stand stock still as he watched, unsure on how he should get involved, Tegan stood rooted to the spot as he contemplated... Earth didn't matter to him, didn't it? His mother's kind had treated him like an animal for as long as he could remember, and there was nothing worth fighting for there... Or was there?

How his comm. Link had been hacked, Tegan had no idea... Only that Miko was suddenly talking to him. ::Teeg? Teeg I-I'm so sorry for lying to you... But you need to help us. If you don't, we'll all be destroyed! Megatron's only using you to get what he wants!::

Freezing up at the voice of the Japanese girl, Tegan felt relief fill him despite the situation. He hadn't actually killed the girl he had come to love. ::Miko... I'm so sorry... But... Megatron's right. Earth has never treated me like I was a person like them. Only as an animal.:: He responded firmly, though his tone wavered a little.

Silence fell for several moments before Miko spoke again, voice gentle and soft. ::Tegan... I treated you like an equal... Even though I knew you were part Cybertronian.:: She answered before continuing on in an even quieter tone. ::Tegan... I care about you. That's why I brought you to the Autobots, because I wanted you to be safe... You're all I have left. The Omega Lock was targeting Japan... My parents and the rest of my family are gone.::

Hearing the crack in Miko's voice, the way her usually loud and boisterous way of talking was absent, Tegan felt something break inside of him... Megatron had destroyed Japan? That meant that Miko's whole life was gone! The realization of what the Omega Lock was truly doing to Earth, his mother's world, and what Megatron really wanted struck the young mech hard.

Growling lowly and cutting off the comm, Tegan charging the warlord who noticed the movement and ducked under Optimus' attack, bringing his fist in an uppercut, the enraged black and green techno organic sent flying across the expanse.

Tegan cried out as he landed again... Everything was so confusing. Megatron had lied to him, had only been using him, and now the entirety of his decisions had fallen upon him... He had partly been involved in destroying everything Miko loved and cared about! It was because of him that millions of lives were being destroyed and lost at this very moment... But he could still save some of them.

Snarling in rage, Tegan forced himself back up to his pedes, activating his tires as he sped around the expanse of the lock, making his way back up to where Shockwave was defending the controls of the Omega Lock.

Tegan crossed the distance rapidly, Shockwave saw his experiment approaching and brought his cannon around, firing at the pedes of the charging mech, who jumped over the blast and flipped over him to land directly on the controls.

Smirking as Shockwave turned around, Tegan slammed a servo down on the cancellation button, cancelling the firing sequence in time before Shockwave grabbed him by a shoulder strut, jerking him away. The force of the pull and his own body weight behind it, Tegan screamed when it was ripped loose of his own frame.

Landing hard and rolling onto his side, Tegan groaned in pain, the steel flooring beneath him hissing from the Tox-N slowly leaking out of his wounded shoulder.

"Lord Megatron should've authorized a self-destruction sequence. It would have been logical as of this moment." The scientist stated as he approached, canon pressed against the younger Decepticon's helm, Tegan shutting his optics and waiting for the shot that would take his spark.

"TEGAN!"

The call was unexpected, and jerked Tegan from his quiet submittance to death, optics shooting open and falling on a familiar figure, standing a little away from him, beautiful brown eyes wide as she stared. "Tegan no!" Miko cried, looking both frightened as well as upset.