Ending #2: Happy

(A/N: Here is the final chapter! I thank you all for sticking through this with me, and for all the positive feedback!!! I love you all!! <3 )

Tegan watched, joints frozen as Megatron attempted to get to his grandmother, finally reacting, slowly approaching but gaining speed before he jumped at the warlord, sending him off balance and a snarl came from between scarred lip plating, the warlord turning on him as a fight began again between the two factions.

"Traitor!" Megatron snarled, clawed servo striking out at Tegan, catching his faceplates, the squeal of metal on metal and his cry of pain echoing around them, Tegan stumbling backwards and clenching at his faceplates. Megatron growled, digits burning with the effects of Tox-N coming in contact with them. "I will crush you, then I will go on to destroy your precious planet. Everything you hold dear!"

Trying to focus through the burning pain in his faceplates, Tegan rebooted his optics as the warlord grabbed onto the back of his neck, sword emerging from beneath his cannon, stabbing forwards at the young Cybertronian.

Tegan shut his optics tightly as he waited for the pain, but what he didn't expect was the gasp that came from directly behind him and the warmth of energon splattering across his back plating.

Turning slowly, Tegan froze as he stared at Soundwave, the telepath's servos gripping the sword that protruded from his chassis, Megatron snarling and twisting the blade imbedded in his third's chassis. "SOUNDWAVE!" Tegan screamed as the warlord wrenched the sword loose and the TIC fell to his knee joints, frame shaking as he held his gaping wound, energon bubbling out from around his digits.

Collapsing to his knee joints beside Soundwave, Tegan pressed his servos over Soundwave's, attempting to stem the flow of energon welling from the wound. "No, Soundwave! Please, pleasepleaseplease please no!" He babbled pleadingly. Soundwave was his friend... Soundwave had given him a voice, sight and hearing... And now Soundwave might die because of him.

Coughing, Soundwave shook his helm slowly. "Soundwave... Was wrong..." He choked out around the energon in his mouth, reaching up and removing his visor so that he could look up at Tegan. "Soundwave... Like Orion once." He murmured, revealing the scars burning his throat and lower jaw, the clouded optics that couldn't see when unmasked. "Wanted to... S-Save Orion from p-pain of difference."

Tegan stared down at the mech beneath him, afraid that he was going to lose Soundwave, letting out a little whimper, completely oblivious to the raging fights around him. "Soundwave... Soundwave please don't... Stay with me, I can't do this by myself." He begged.

Soundwave's lips twitched slightly as if he had attempted to smile. "Orion... Strong... Good spark." The slim Decepticon responded, wheezing as the energon puddle beneath him grew larger each passing moment and he felt his strength ebbing. "Orion, mustn't be Decepticon... Orion, good mech."

Feeling optical fluids flood his optics, Tegan attempted to keep the stifled sobs from wracking his frame. "B-But you... Don't die, Soundwave." He sobbed out, voice cracking as Soundwave offered him a small smile. "Orion... Take care of Laserbeak?" He asked, Tegan only now noticing the cyberbird wasn't present in her usual place, instead within the ship locked in Soundwave's quarters. "I-I will." He choked out.

Smile fading and shuttering his optics, Soundwave took in another ragged vent. "Orion... Forgive Soundwave?" He murmured, fighting to keep from offlining before he was ready. "Orion... Will be OK... Orion, not alone."

Tegan shut his optics as the tears streamed down his faceplates. "Th-There's nothing to f-forgive Soundwave." He responded in a near whisper, Soundwave ex-venting softly. "Soundwave... Loved Orion... Orion so young, so special." He murmured as he slowly faded. "Soundwave, proud of... Orion." Soundwave whispered, optics shutting as his venting stilled.